The Student Room Group

Would you say I have a mental health problem

I don't know what's wrong with me.
I usually don't sleep at an appropriate time - cos I cough to **** if I sleep anytime earlier than 1AM, before anything nerve wrecking I get really really paranoid and start confusing everything. I am never in the moment, someone asks me anything and my mind is somewhere else... thinking about something else and often I have to ask them to repeat themselves. I often repeat asking things a lot - for example if say my brother hits his head on a wall I wouldn't have satisfaction that he is alright if I don't ask him about 10 times at least - I get frustrated very quickly and **** just keeps happening to me. I am so overprotective and sometimes I forget whether I have done something 2 seconds ago like for example washing hands and have to repeat myself to MAKE SURE.

I don't know what the fudge is wrong with me??
I'm no Doctor, but yeah, you describe a total mess.
No, because I'm not in capacity to diagnose you with any mental health problems - but as already advised, the GP (or referral) is qualified, so go to them. :yy:
I think we often confuse just being abit sensitive to our surroundings as such mental illness etc. You may get a little anxiety from time to time and feel those feelings, but to me it almost sounds like what happens to me - I always feel like I’m meant to be doing something and I honestly feel like for me this is because of that routine in school or when you work. Like you’re always doing something so when it comes to focussing on other things, it can be really difficult because you’re up in your head trying to remember what you were meant to be doing. My advice to you which has helped me is to just slow down, when that does happen. To literally stop what I am doing and to close my eyes and the feeling starts to pass. We’re so saturated with “possible problems” that we end up self diagnosing something that could be minor. Not everyone learns the same so why must be live the same?

Most people masturbate to sleep because it tires their physical out and makes you relaxed - it’s not a bad thing per say but perhaps you’re just not stimulating your mind and body enough and that’s why you’re in overdrive and then equally have your routine of tiring self out before bed.

The doctor may be helpful but they may also not be. Just hope for the best but tbh in my experience they’re quick to give you medication.

I’m a wee disappointed in the other advice - you’re not a total mess, just sounds like a very anxious mind. Busy bee. Thoughts may be elsewhere but where are you trying to go? Do you not like being at home?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by maxknows888

I’m a wee disappointed in the other advice - you’re not a total mess, just sounds like a very anxious mind. Busy bee. Thoughts may be elsewhere but where are you trying to go? Do you not like being at home?

That is what they described, pls don't put that on to me, and I don't feel 'Busy Bee' is particularly more meaningful tbh. What does it have to do with coughing fits and apparent inability to process information without frustration? Why not call them a Very Hungry Caterpillar for all the relevance it also has? :confused:
Original post by StriderHort
That is what they described, pls don't put that on to me, and I don't feel 'Busy Bee' is particularly more meaningful tbh. What does it have to do with coughing fits and apparent inability to process information without frustration? Why not call them a Very Hungry Caterpillar for all the relevance it also has? :confused:

I think people are too quick to call people mentally ill or a mess and are a big part of the problem. I’m a sensitive person and resonate a lot with anon.
Original post by maxknows888
I think people are too quick to call people mentally ill or a mess and are a big part of the problem. I’m a sensitive person and resonate a lot with anon.

I genuinely feel the OP went specifically and repeatedly out of their way to illustrate a variety of chaotic behaviour. 'Sensitive' honestly doesn't feel anymore relatable to what they said than the Bee thing for me. Just my opinion obviously.

I didn't say anyone was mentally ill, that's for medical people, but I do feel comfortable describing chaotic things, behaviour, & people as messes. I'd actually feel like i was being dishonest and condescending in my reply if I said otherwise given the tone of their post.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest