Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I am currently an FY2 and planning on locuming a bit next year and I am interested in moving to Canada. I don’t have Canadian citizenship or ties to Canada.

I was wondering what the process is for junior doctors moving to Canada? I’ve heard of consultants and GPs going over, but hardly hear anything from junior doctors?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

I am currently an FY2 and planning on locuming a bit next year and I am interested in moving to Canada. I don’t have Canadian citizenship or ties to Canada.

I was wondering what the process is for junior doctors moving to Canada? I’ve heard of consultants and GPs going over, but hardly hear anything from junior doctors?
From what I've heard, training posts are very competitive and tend to go to North American graduates. I'm not sure they have year long SHO posts like Australia/NZ which is why there aren't many people going there for FY3.

Post-CCT is more doable which is why it seems to be mostly GPs and consultants moving over. Requirements vary from province to province.
ssu101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
unless you are a citizen or permanent resident you are not eligible for a training position
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads