Can someone have two part time jobs at the same time?

Watch
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes as long As neither job has anything in their contract about other employment.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Amin7)
Yes you can.
As long as the hours for both jobs don't clash then it's fine.
Occasionally, it may say in your contract that while you are working there you can't have jobs elsewhere. But that isn't that common. But that's more with full time jobs, and better paid stuff. But with part time jobs, and the sort of jobs students have, you should be fine.
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep, you can.
Just think about whether you can manage it all yourself as well.
And having flexible working hours helps.
Also make sure the shifts don't overlap.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Yes as long As neither job has anything in their contract about other employment.
While that does happen occasionally, and is worth double checking- with part time stuff and student type jobs, I don't think it's very likely. Shops, fast food places, restaurants, cafes etc etc are usually fine. It's more full time jobs (mainly stuff slightly higher up/better paid/more responsibility) that tend to have that sort of rule.
Always worth checking though.
Last edited by Emma:-); 4 weeks ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
While that does happen occasionally, and is worth double checking- with part time stuff and student type jobs, I don't think it's very likely. Shops, fast food places, restaurants, cafes etc etc are usually fine. It's more full time jobs (mainly stuff slightly higher up/better paid/more responsibility) that tend to have that sort of rule.
Always worth checking though.
Actually quite a lot of chain restaurants have it written in that you either can’t work for a competitor or you have to have permission.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.74%
Excited but a bit nervous (145)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.84%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise