Maintenance loan on braces

Watch
Monrose344
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I originally had braces for free when I was 13. Before, I got refused once because my teeth was not severe, but my front teeth was stuck out and all my teeth had gaps, apart from the bottom. I finished the treatment at 15 then wore plastic retainers. Stupidly, I always wore them on/off to the point were they stopped fitting my top teeth, although my bottom ones still fit even till this day. I used to force my front ones in and sometimes they would work but then easily return to its old pre-braces position.

I told my orthodontist centre and they said I needed to pay £1k for new ones but my parents refused due to its cost. The thing is when I look at my front teeth it doesn’t look as bad but also not as good either. It appears a little stuck out but kind of rests onto my bottom teeth (not like pre-braces where it was really really stuck out). Only four of my front teeth have slightly small gaps whilst the rest are joined.

Its remained like that for time and it doesn’t seem as bad to me until my cousin recently told me that my front teeth were a little bad, but still ok.

I know I have to pay for another one as I’m now 18 and wont get them for free. Im going to uni in September so is it possible that I could use my maintenance loan to fund for braces, especially if I get a little part-time job. The thing is I don’t think I would need much treatment as its only a few of my top teeth that have gaps and only a little bit stuck out, so it would only just be straightening. I estimate around 1.5-2k for treatment and as my maintenance loan is quite a lot, could this be possible for me to do, as this is the only way I could do it as my parents cannot afford it.
Last edited by Monrose344; 1 month ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can use your maintenance loan for whatever you want/need. It’s yours to do with as you please.
mathperson
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't waste your maintenance loan on this, as you said it isn't bad.

Sort it out later in life if you want to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
39.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (12)
52.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads