Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m starting at AUB in October, I’m having some trouble choosing accommodation. On campus accommodation is fully booked at the moment so I’m looking at Skyline or Oxford point but their prices are pretty extortionate 😳 I’m also little worried about noise and I’ve heard Skyline has a lot of parties (I don’t want to be a recluse but I want to get sleep)

Are skyline and Oxford point that much different? Or is there cheaper accommodation thats not too noisy at night?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
do u know where to look for accommodation? bc on the sub site it is all sold out :/
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Both Skyline and Oxford Point are owned by the same company and they’re pretty much next to each other in the heart of all the student accommodation. I believe they are 2 of the most expensive options for students since they are part of an external students company so not owned by the uni, which is why they’re pretty expensive. Added to that, they are both new (Oxford point is about 3 years old and Skyline is about 2 years old) so they’re both fairly new buildings.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aub are releasing more rooms to applicants next Monday according to their website.
Ben charman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Aub are releasing more rooms to applicants next Monday according to their website.
Hey, yh they did, which accommodation did u get if you did? Do u have a Snapchat to talk on if that's any better 🙂
poppimaus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've booked into Oxford point and from my research it's about average price. I saw one at £130 a week which is the lowest I've seen but it looked very sketchy. Also at Oxford point they say as long as you book higher floors the noise shouldn't be too bad
Ben charman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 14piggotto)
I've booked into Oxford point and from my research it's about average price. I saw one at £130 a week which is the lowest I've seen but it looked very sketchy. Also at Oxford point they say as long as you book higher floors the noise shouldn't be too bad
I booked for mederia Road at £155, what are u guys studying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (29)
29%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
10%
No I am happy with my choice (55)
55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6%

Watched Threads