How long should getting a debit card take? Watch

iGurpreet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
About 3-4 weeks ago I went to abbey and asked for a visa electron because I had turned 16 and they had sent me a letter saying I could now get one.
So I went to branch, showed them the letter and they photocopied the front of my card, I'm guessing to get my details and the lady said they would take care of it.
I haven't got anything back, so...what's taking them???
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
About a week. I think Abbey have a bad reputation for mucking up sending debit cards out though so that's probably whats happened. I would call them and find out whats happening.
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually its about 14 days (10 working days) for the first half (which is either only the card, or only the PIN) and then a further 7 working days for the other half...

I'd call them or pop into the branch...
Angelica
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whenever, I have ordered a new card or opened a new account, I have always received the card within 2-3 working days. I would definitely contact them again to check whether a card got sent out.
Divide By Zero
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Longer than it has, you impatient ******* ;-)
TSR King
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UniStudent2009)
Usually its about 14 days (10 working days) for the first half (which is either only the card, or only the PIN) and then a further 7 working days for the other half...

I'd call them or pop into the branch...
im 18 now and have an account at barclays... how do i get a debit card? just go down to barclays and ask for one? what do i need to take with me?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (908)
90.53%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (95)
9.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed