Oatmilkidk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Taking a gap year this year but have no idea what to do that would be budget friendly in terms of travel. I’ve been looking for work abroad opportunities and (ethical) volunteering opportunities but can’t find very many. ICS isn’t running this year sadly but would love to do something similar. Also interested in interailing but not sure if it’s expensive or how to go about it - also going to be doing this alone most likely . Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just Google interail I think the cost varies. Tbh I would try to work for 6 months then go travel for 6 months.
Potentially I would work Sept to whenever it's a bit warmer. Travel for 3 months, say Mar to May. Then get a summer placement in a relevant work place (cannot recommend relevant work experience enough!) and by staying around and having a real job it'll be easier to get hired, plus you'll have some money so you can go pretty much anywhere. Earn for those 2 mo ths as well) usually June to July and then travel for August. Now you sre in a good financial and educational position for uni and have travelled.
Travel is usually a good price in Europe and you could jst bring a tent. Or sleep in a car if you drive. You could aslo do your work experience abroad if you are lucky. Or work abroad, plenty of ski resorts for the winter months!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed