ConfusedGenius
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So ,
I’ve applied for 4 universities, 2 in Manchester ( Salford University & Manchester Met) I have yet to receive a reply from either and it’s been almost 2 months. Whereas, the other two I’ve applied for have gotten back to me and sent me an offer. Would I be stupid to keep waiting for an offer from Man Met or Salford? So frustrating because both of these universities where my top 2.. & I would way rather study in Manchester ( mainly bc my friends are there & it’s cheaper and in my option better learning)

I’m starting to think the worst here any advice is welcome
Last edited by ConfusedGenius; 1 month ago
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check track. Think there is a a date unis must send their acceptance or rejection by and a date you must have picked your unis by. Check these dates
ConfusedGenius
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Roasted Potato)
Check track. Think there is a a date unis must send their acceptance or rejection by and a date you must have picked your unis by. Check these dates
Is that only via UCAS? If so, I applied through the unis website. :/
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ConfusedGenius)
Is that only via UCAS? If so, I applied through the unis website. :/
If you applied directly then they may have deadlines and timescales outside of the main UCAS cycle.

Have you asked them when you might hear back? If it's been a while there is no harm in double-checking that they are not waiting for something from you.

If they are your preference, I would usually encourage you to wait as the wait time does not correlate to whether you are accepted or rejected.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So ,
I’ve applied for 4 universities, 2 in Manchester ( Salford University & Manchester Met) I have yet to receive a reply from either and it’s been almost 2 months. Whereas, the other two I’ve applied for have gotten back to me and sent me an offer. Would I be stupid to keep waiting for an offer from Man Met or Salford? So frustrating because both of these universities where my top 2.. & I would way rather study in Manchester ( mainly bc my friends are there & it’s cheaper and in my option better learning)

Hi ConfusedGenius

Sorry to hear you have not heard back from us! All universities will have different response times. We are currently working through a large increase of applications and we apologise for the delay.

Which course have you applied for? and is it an undergraduate or postgraduate course? If you could let me know and I can point you in the right direction of who to contact for an update.

Carly
ConfusedGenius
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi thanks for your reply.
I applied for a postgrad entrepreneurship course
University of Salford
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So ,

Hi ConfusedGenius,

I know that waiting is frustrating, but no news definitely isn't bad news! We have various intakes throughout the year for our PG courses so Admissions will have been focused on June intake around the time you applied, they should get to you soon though.

Have you checked your online portal for any update on there?

You can DM us with your application number, full name and DOB and we can ask them to take a look if you would like.

Best wishes,

Alison
University of Salford
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Salford)
Hi ConfusedGenius,

I know that waiting is frustrating, but no news definitely isn't bad news! We have various intakes throughout the year for our PG courses so Admissions will have been focused on June intake around the time you applied, they should get to you soon though.

Have you checked your online portal for any update on there?

You can DM us with your application number, full name and DOB and we can ask them to take a look if you would like.

Best wishes,

Alison
University of Salford
Thank you for this Alison. I was started to get so worried. I’ve DM’d you now.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi thanks for your reply.
I applied for a postgrad entrepreneurship course
Hi ConfusedGenius

We have been experiencing some technical difficulties with our online portal which has lead to some delays and it is taking a little longer to process applications. Our team are working as quickly as they can to rectify this!

I have responded to your private message! I hope you have got received that. You can contact our postgraduate direct admissions team on [email protected] or 0161 247 2966 If you are an international student please contact [email protected] or 0161 247 2968 for a further update. You can log back into the online portal at any time to view the status of your application

Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (29)
29.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
10.2%
No I am happy with my choice (53)
54.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.12%

Watched Threads