Mimirandel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I worked at Waitrose for a few months then had to leave due to them being unable to accommodate my holiday over summer as I live nowhere near the Waitrose that I worked in. When resigning my manager said I would get paid for the remaining holidays I had left - which was 8 days, then today which was pay day I only got paid for the days that I worked. Should I have been paid for the holiday or not? I genuinely have no idea hence me asking lol
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mimirandel)
Hi,

I worked at Waitrose for a few months then had to leave due to them being unable to accommodate my holiday over summer as I live nowhere near the Waitrose that I worked in. When resigning my manager said I would get paid for the remaining holidays I had left - which was 8 days, then today which was pay day I only got paid for the days that I worked. Should I have been paid for the holiday or not? I genuinely have no idea hence me asking lol
Without reading up on the law, I believe they would only need to pay you for days you had earned, if it is in your contract. If you get say 28 days holiday a year from Jan to Dec, and work up until the end of June, they would only owe you 14 days, and would need to pay you for any of those you hadn't taken before you left.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise