The Student Room Group

Matt Hancock Caught Having An Affair

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Reply 62
Absolute hospital pass for whoever becomes the new health secretary.

Not arsed that he was shagging his mate, except that it’s funny because he is an absolute dork.
Reply 64

He's rotten to the core. Hope this is investigated further and the Good Law Project pursues him through the courts.
Original post by Debs25
Given that Matt Hancock has been outed as having an affair with an aide and must have broken the guidance around social distancing in the workplace( guidance issued from his own dept), should he be forced to resign? I say this because he spoke out and condemned the ex SAGE adviser,Neil Ferguson, for doing just that and called for his resignation. In addition, Hancock has presided over the PPE procurement and shortage scandal during the height of the first wave of the pandemic. In my opinion, he needs to go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57612441

was saying all day yesterday he needed to resign and he has 🥳
Original post by Debs25
He's rotten to the core. Hope this is investigated further and the Good Law Project pursues him through the courts.

Hope we can get some quick action on this one. E.g. if it turns out he's been profiteering from the pandemic by having shares etc. in a PCR company while imposing PCR tests on everyone coming to UK from everywhere (except the ROI/CTA), he deserves a class action from every inbound traveller whom he's forced to pay for such tests.

Meanwhile Trilobite, next time, if you're going to link to behind a paywall please provide at least a couple of extracts to say what it's about.
Looks like Mr Hancock got the 2 metre rule down to minus 4 inches.
Reply 68
Original post by Justvisited
Hope we can get some quick action on this one. E.g. if it turns out he's been profiteering from the pandemic by having shares etc. in a PCR company while imposing PCR tests on everyone coming to UK from everywhere (except the ROI/CTA), he deserves a class action from every inbound traveller whom he's forced to pay for such tests.

Meanwhile Trilobite, next time, if you're going to link to behind a paywall please provide at least a couple of extracts to say what it's about.

The fact that Hancock used his private email address to conduct government business ( arrange PPE contracts for example) is highly suspicious. There's a distinct lack of a paper trail, according to some media reports, for many of the hastily arranged contracts for not only PPE, but testing contracts. His mistress' brother was one of the beneficiaries of Hancock's " generosity" in awarding contracts to people he knew. Just makes me wonder how he was rewarded!
Reply 69
Original post by hotpud
Juicy details aside, the whole story is rather disingenuous though. On the one hand, we have Hancock telling us to lock down and don't go near anyone. The public rise to the challenge and heed that advice, sacrificing all manner of social contact with loved ones to do what is deemed right. And for some the sacrifice has been huge. Seeing those loved ones die in isolation and then not even being able to grieve or have the dignity of a funeral. And meanwhile, the clown in charge of the whole shabang is snogging his university friend who he appointed to an exceedingly well paid job without any regard for the rules he imposed.

Charges of hypocrisy are a little bit dull. We're all hypocrites. We've probably all broken the rules in some way or other over the last 18 months. Yes, I suppose we should hold government ministers to higher standards - but we shouldn't really be surprised when, like everyone else, they don't quite meet them.
Reply 70
Original post by L i b
Charges of hypocrisy are a little bit dull. We're all hypocrites. We've probably all broken the rules in some way or other over the last 18 months. Yes, I suppose we should hold government ministers to higher standards - but we shouldn't really be surprised when, like everyone else, they don't quite meet them.

I don't know. Wasn't there that scientist who had to resign after being caught having an affair? But if we are to be judgemental of Hancock - what an absolute a-hole. He has destroyed two families in the most public and cruel way possible. And that is on him and him alone. He could have said no.
Original post by hotpud
I don't know. Wasn't there that scientist who had to resign after being caught having an affair? But if we are to be judgemental of Hancock - what an absolute a-hole. He has destroyed two families in the most public and cruel way possible. And that is on him and him alone. He could have said no.

Neil Ferguson. At the time, Hancock said that he'd back a police investigation into Ferguson having a bit of fun.
Reply 72
Original post by White Wizard
If you are in a position of trust, then the person who ought to be closest to you in the world, should be capable of trusting you. If we are going to act like the personal matters in cancelling people who made off-colour jokes on Twitter 3 years ago, we should definitely have moral standards to which people are upheld.

The sort of man who cheats on his wife, is the sort who gives lucrative health contracts to companies owned by relatives.

There is that. Although to be honest i just feel sorry for his poor wife being accosted by filth from the tabloids.
Original post by Andrew97
And he’s resigned

Jumped before being pushed more like :lol:
Reply 73
Original post by hotpud

I think technically she was having the affair wasnt she? At any rate, that was equally egregious since it was his 'modelling' and screaching that brought you the series of lockdowns.
Then again, same thing happened out here with our health minister flouting lockdown and getting the boot (after he tried to blame the scientific advisor :rofl:
Why did it take over a year to come out?
Who's had the images that long but only just decided to use them?
If they had that, what else do they have on who else?
Original post by ANM775
This morning I saw that his wife had been pictured walking the dogs with her wedding ring still on so maybe not..?

Tbf she probably didn't know in the morning, not a lot of people did. From the latest articles it appears they have indeed split up.
Reply 76
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Tbf she probably didn't know in the morning, not a lot of people did. From the latest articles it appears they have indeed split up.

it looks like she knew hours before the footage got leaked

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/matt-hancocks-wife-was-facebook-24411051

edit: although according to reports it looks like he has now left HER https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/matt-hancock-split-from-wife-in-bombshell-announcement-2-days-ago-14833886/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
it looks like she knew hours before the footage got leaked

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/matt-hancocks-wife-was-facebook-24411051

edit: although according to reports it looks like he has now left HER https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/matt-hancock-split-from-wife-in-bombshell-announcement-2-days-ago-14833886/

Lol well I doubt someone is going to physically leave their partner within literal 2 or 3 hours after breaking the news, especially if they've been together for 15 years. The amount of physical stuff they'd have to sort out etc. But yes, they have now socially distanced permanently.
Reply 78
Original post by Napp
I think technically she was having the affair wasnt she? At any rate, that was equally egregious since it was his 'modelling' and screaching that brought you the series of lockdowns.
Then again, same thing happened out here with our health minister flouting lockdown and getting the boot (after he tried to blame the scientific advisor :rofl:

Sure. She has also destroyed her kids and family. And that is the thing I don't understand. I have kids. I couldn't do that to them. Yep - I would leave my wife if things broke down but I wouldn't have an affair. Way way way to destructive for everyone and stinks of total selfishness. I couldn't do that to anyone and I judge others by those standards whether others agree or not.
Reply 79
Original post by hotpud
Sure. She has also destroyed her kids and family. And that is the thing I don't understand. I have kids. I couldn't do that to them. Yep - I would leave my wife if things broke down but I wouldn't have an affair. Way way way to destructive for everyone and stinks of total selfishness. I couldn't do that to anyone and I judge others by those standards whether others agree or not.

It's a pity there aren't more mothers/fathers with your morals. As a teacher, I've seen the fall-out from far too many marriage break-ups. It's always the feelings of the parents that take priority.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending