Please read

Watch
Daisy564
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello there everyone, I thought I would come on here to rant a little. Anyways, lately I’ve been having these really kind of odd thoughts about existence and everything. Like I feel like I’ve lived before and it terrifies me. I feel like everyone has had a few past lives and we just can’t remember them. Like I just question everything so much. How am I even typing this right now? What is the purpose of all of this? I’ve got so many questions and I’m just confused, that’s all there is to it really. You basically just die and that’s it? How can that just be it you know? Anyways, that you to whoever took the time to read this!!!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Hi Julia, thanks for sharing. I understand. I think a lot of us have these questions at some point in our early life. For me - as a result, I began researching other world religions, philosophy, evolutionary biology and psychology, cosmology, quantum physics etc. this has given me a different perspective on things. The more I know, the more I realise I don't know much at all.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's alright to feel that way. Curiosity is in human nature and we should always strive to learn more. There's no right or wrong answers to the questions you're asking, it's only a matter of belief. Religion/spirituality can help you find out more about life.
Daisy564
Rep:
?
Oh well thank you so very much for that…I do research a lot and I’ve just made my own theory up about everything really. I just suspect that there are multiple earths, just like this one, that exist because the universe is so big and we can never really know. There probably is multiple universes too. I just question why all of this is happening? Maybe someone or something is behind it all. Sometimes I question human existence too. Like, I would wonder if I was the only one who is is alive and if everyone else isn’t. Like it’s all just a test or something. I don’t really know. Anyway, like with those multiple earths, I thought we maybe live a life on one and we look the same each time, like we are still the same person, we just can’t remember our past lives.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daisy564)
Oh well thank you so very much for that…I do research a lot and I’ve just made my own theory up about everything really. I just suspect that there are multiple earths, just like this one, that exist because the universe is so big and we can never really know. There probably is multiple universes too. I just question why all of this is happening? Maybe someone or something is behind it all. Sometimes I question human existence too. Like, I would wonder if I was the only one who is is alive and if everyone else isn’t. Like it’s all just a test or something. I don’t really know. Anyway, like with those multiple earths, I thought we maybe live a life on one and we look the same each time, like we are still the same person, we just can’t remember our past lives.
I suggest you look into the multiverse theories. Interesting stuff. Also I would suggest the Fermi paradox (Google this or check on YouTube - Kurzgesagt) as well as 'Type' civilisations. A lot of what you're exploring currently has been discussed in great detail by others, it's not just you. The YouTube channel I mentioned has a lot of interesting content and is easy to understand without getting too technical for the average viewer.

Here's a video (part 1) on the Fermi paradox:
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
Part 2 video:

Daisy564
Rep:
?
Oh wow, thank you so much, I’ll be sure to check those videos out on YouTube. Hopefully they will help me out and make me realise something, aha.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daisy564)
Oh wow, thank you so much, I’ll be sure to check those videos out on YouTube. Hopefully they will help me out and make me realise something, aha.
Oh, that's just a kind way of saying you won't. Ah well, no worries.
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I suggest you look into the multiverse theories. Interesting stuff. Also I would suggest the Fermi paradox (Google this or check on YouTube - Kurzgesagt) as well as 'Type' civilisations. A lot of what you're exploring currently has been discussed in great detail by others, it's not just you. The YouTube channel I mentioned has a lot of interesting content and is easy to understand without getting too technical for the average viewer.

Here's a video (part 1) on the Fermi paradox:
This is quite interesting. Although, I don't think we'd have to travel to so far to new galaxies to find intelligent life. The video explains that there are many suns in our galaxies and likely to be many habitable planets. Some of them must have intelligent life. I refuse to believe that we're all alone in a world so big.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (21)
28.38%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.46%
No I am happy with my choice (42)
56.76%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.41%

Watched Threads