Tomi007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to become a 2d animator and I'm not sure if I should choose triple btec media or just a levels. If I choose btec media will I still be able to get accepted into a 2d animation course at uni if my portfolio is good enough?
Anonymy0us
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why bother with btecs just pick three relevant a levels
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tomi007)
I want to become a 2d animator and I'm not sure if I should choose triple btec media or just a levels. If I choose btec media will I still be able to get accepted into a 2d animation course at uni if my portfolio is good enough?
Do you mean an extended diploma? If so then an art & design ED btec would be a better choice than media. 2d animation requires rock solid drawing skills which you would need to develop in your own time if you take a media btec.
Tomi007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Do you mean an extended diploma? If so then an art & design ED btec would be a better choice than media. 2d animation requires rock solid drawing skills which you would need to develop in your own time if you take a media btec.
my school stopped offering the art & design extended diploma btec so I have to do a level fine art, graphics and another subject instead
Escape Studios Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tomi007)
Hi Tomi007!

My name is Rohnak, and I've just completed my first year of BA The Art of Computer Animation at Escape Studios. I'd be happy to share some advice with you regarding the application process for animation-centric courses at university.

Regarding the decision of which courses to take - this usually isn't the most important thing to the people who would be assessing your application. As you probably already know, the key thing is the portfolio; does it show that you are working at the level that the university is expecting? Even if you're doing a vaguely related creative course (I did BTEC Digital Media Production) you will be fine as long as your portfolio is solid. A better way of thinking about your Level 3's would be to ask yourself: "Which courses would teach me the skills that I need to make a really amazing Animation portfolio?". You'll need really strong foundational art knowledge (anatomy, lighting, colour theory) as well as a knowledge of animation software. Pick the course that's most likely to give you the skills you need. Most aren't too fussy about the course you take - as long as you achieve the UCAS point quota they ask you for.

If you have any more questions, Please let me know!

Rohnak
Student Ambassador at Escape Studios
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (50)
6%
Uncertainty around my education (96)
11.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (85)
10.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (104)
12.47%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (41)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.4%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (92)
11.03%
Financial worries (57)
6.83%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.8%
Exposure to negative news/social media (53)
6.35%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (80)
9.59%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (66)
7.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise