TSR George
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
How much did you revise for your GCSEs?

Honest answers, unless you really did 'only start revising the day before and got 10 A*s'.
simon12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One of my biggest regrets is that at school I was so lazy and did not revise at all for my GCSE's! Had I put the effort in I could have done so much better. My results were a mix of As and Bs.
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 21
Report 12 years ago
I started lots of revising around Easter.
I didn't get 10 A*s though, I wasn't predicted 10 A*s and wasn't fussed about getting 10 A*s.
To be honest, sure revising will improve a grade dramatically, but the effort you put in throughout the year is much more important in my opinion.
ScottyLP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did very little revision, I'd say I only revised through past paper questions that teachers gave, and expected to be complete, and I passed them all, but didn't get the results I wanted.

I tried the same for my AS', but that really didn't work :p:
frogout
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For some subjects (French for example) I literally didn't revise. Just went to the exam.

For my weaker subjects I was doing like 9 hour cramming sessions a week before hand
onthejubileeline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I revised hard a few days before each one, and I did really rather well. I excelled in the subjects that I liked, did pretty well in the ones I needed to do pretty well in, and didn't do so well and the ones I didn't care much about anyway. That's all that was necessary, and I wouldn't have changed anything.
spursj911
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i was ultimately lazy but gcse's aint hard
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I genuinely can't remember doing any revision whatsoever except a few hours in the school courtyard before the exams.
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Quick look through my textbook the morning of the exam. I did pretty good too to say I didn't try
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't revise at all. Looked over a few of the CGP books but it wasn't revision.

I got away with a couple of As, majority Bs, a few Cs and a D (in ICT, because I didn't finish the coursework. Got an A in the exam).
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't really :| I might've gone over some things with friends outside the exam hall ...

Well, apart from the enforced revision in classes in the weeks leading up to the exam that is. No Extra-curricular revision.
skatealexia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Err, some subjects about a week or two beforehand, some, like the day before.
rainbow drops
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i didn't revise at all for english literature/language, IT, french and RS. i did some for history, biology and chemistry, and a lotttt for maths and physics because they were my weakest subjects.
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am going to blame the weather for my poor gcse results :yep:, May/June 2006 was really warm hence when I went outside to revise I usually fell asleep and sunbathed.

Thus I ended up sunburnt rather than smart . To be honest revising is not my forte as I have a lack of concentration so honestly did little or no revision for any of my subjects (I honestly did 15minutes at the most for maths and came out with a B but now I like maths).

I really need to start learning how to revise. :o:
ElvisAint-Dead
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not a lot as i was under the impression that GCSEs only matter to get into college but i was quite happy with my results considering i didnt do much revision.
'bob'
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not enough, learn't my lesson though
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've never really been a hard worker.

I revised:

The day before for 4 hours, English Literature and History
The day before for 2 hours, both exams: R.E.
About an hour or two for Single Science as I'd got a D in the mock
Only oral revision for French and German which was 2 months before
Nothing for English Language, Maths, Art (walked into the exam with no idea! ahahahhaah) and Stats

About 3 weeks hardcore revision as I was convinced I'd fail: Latin. [I was 3 marks off an A in the end.. everyone was astounded. I was actually APPALLING]
scraceus999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I basically got all my notes down to a page of A4 for each exam and then memorize the whole page and blurt it out....it workd surprisingly well for AS;s (when i first tried the technique) and didnt get anything lower then an A for the modules i did it for.
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
GCSE revision lol.
For history and RS (Christianity), I started revising a couple of weeks beforehand, but not every single day obvsly.
For textiles, no revision at all - same for the whole class.
For English language + literature, sciences, and RS (Islam) the night before.
For Maths, only had a weeks notice, so a couple of days before.

I regret not revising more, but oh well.
GodDamnYouEnglishLanguage.
username195819
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think I just had a look at my textbooks/revision books a few days before the exams and then crammed everything the night and morning before. Not good at all! I got away with it though. However, it was a lesson learnt. I could've done better. It's definitely not my outlook to AS now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.59%
I'm not sure (54)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (346)
29.17%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (578)
48.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise