DC___
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My application has been rejected for the following reason: "As the qualification you'll get from your new course is the same level as the qualification you already hold you won't get full student finance for your course."

Having only completed one year of university before withdrawing I am still eligible for funding minus the year that I studied. Given this is the case, why has my application been rejected? I did not receive an Undergraduate Degree, I only attained a certificate of higher education. These are not the same thing, therefore when they say that "the course is the same level as the qualification you already hold" is incorrect. I do not hold an undergraduate degree, I hold a certificate of higher education. On all legal forms these are listed as two different things, so I struggle to believe that SFE classifies them as the same thing.

I can't make sense of this. According to their own guidelines I am eligible and yet you say I'm not.
Last edited by DC___; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DC___)
My application has been rejected for the following reason: "As the qualification you'll get from your new course is the same level as the qualification you already hold you won't get full student finance for your course."

Having only completed one year of university before withdrawing I am still eligible for funding minus the year that I studied. Given this is the case, why has my application been rejected? I did not receive an Undergraduate Degree, I only attained a certificate of higher education. These are not the same thing, therefore when they say that "the course is the same level as the qualification you already hold" is incorrect. I do not hold an undergraduate degree, I hold a certificate of higher education. On all legal forms these are listed as two different things, so I struggle to believe that SFE classifies them as the same thing.

I can't make sense of this. According to their own guidelines I am eligible and yet you say I'm not.
Hi, this means you have input previous study in your application and stated you have received a qualification.

You should message us on Facebook/Twitter or call. We can then review your account and find out what you input in the previous study section and advise what we need.
You may have just made a mistake, you shouldn't of input any further education study.

Twitter DM Link from Public - http://ow.ly/4Em330nPlau

FB link to Private http://m.me/SFEngland

Thanks, Isaac
DC___
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, this means you have input previous study in your application and stated you have received a qualification.

You should message us on Facebook/Twitter or call. We can then review your account and find out what you input in the previous study section and advise what we need.
You may have just made a mistake, you shouldn't of input any further education study.

Twitter DM Link from Public - http://ow.ly/4Em330nPlau

FB link to Private http://m.me/SFEngland

Thanks, Isaac
Hey Isaac.

Thanks for the reply. I have messaged on twitter and am awaiting a response. I can't get past the robotic "input a number" on the phoneline.

When I was asked about my previous study it felt wrong to say that I had no attended university already, this is why I input my information. Though I was clear that I did not achieve an undergrad degree. Do you think this will be easy to fix?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DC___)
Hey Isaac.

Thanks for the reply. I have messaged on twitter and am awaiting a response. I can't get past the robotic "input a number" on the phoneline.

When I was asked about my previous study it felt wrong to say that I had no attended university already, this is why I input my information. Though I was clear that I did not achieve an undergrad degree. Do you think this will be easy to fix?
That's fine. We are quite busy so we are responding to messages from 23 hours ago at the moment. I'd expect you to receive a response on Monday afternoon if you have sent a message now. Please make sure you included your full name and customer reference number in your message. Please try to not send any additional messages afterwards as each new message will place you at the back of the queue.

The advisor will then request some characters from your secret answer before they can access and review your account.

It is easy to fix, depending on what you input we usually just ask for a letter from the university or college you input that states you didn't receive a higher education qualification and you can upload it online.
Thanks, Isaac
Last edited by SFE Isaac; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads