The Student Room Group

Exam revision help

Hey chem guys and gals,
has anyone found easy methods or ways to revise chem without having a breakdown? seems that I'll write notes, decide that I get the stuff and then get every practice question wrong. It's painful so all advice appreciated. Tricky subject innit
Thanks homies
Original post by bridiethomas
Hey chem guys and gals,
has anyone found easy methods or ways to revise chem without having a breakdown? seems that I'll write notes, decide that I get the stuff and then get every practice question wrong. It's painful so all advice appreciated. Tricky subject innit
Thanks homies

Are you studying it in A levels or GCSE? Either way, make flashcards, use quizlet to make sure you know the stuff. Active recall is an amazing technique. Chemistry exam papers tend to repeat themselves a lot so all I can say is practice.
Original post by youareloved
Are you studying it in A levels or GCSE? Either way, make flashcards, use quizlet to make sure you know the stuff. Active recall is an amazing technique. Chemistry exam papers tend to repeat themselves a lot so all I can say is practice.

Sorry didn't specify - A-level hence the need to do well. Fab stuff, much appreciated.
Sorry didn't specify - A-level hence the need to do well. Fab stuff, much appreciated.

no problem :0 glad I could help. are u in y12 too?
no problem :0 glad I could help. are u in y12 too?

yeah yr12 and the ucas stuff gets sorted soon so i’ve only really got july and september to sort stuff out and get the grades
yeah yr12 and the ucas stuff gets sorted soon so i’ve only really got july and september to sort stuff out and get the grades

I know - like I have no clue what to write in my personal statement yet
I know - like I have no clue what to write in my personal statement yet

omg same, i tried to do this like template sample thing but honestly gave up when i had no idea what to actually write
Hey chem guys and gals,
Thanks homies

Hi
I did a level biology rather than chem, but I still found the best way to revise was writing things i needed to know on my whiteboard, rub them out and write them again until I could rewrite it from memory correctly 3 times in a row. I also used the forest app to stop me using my phone while I did this. Hope this helps, good luck! :smile:
Original post by Klutzymoth
Hi
I did a level biology rather than chem, but I still found the best way to revise was writing things i needed to know on my whiteboard, rub them out and write them again until I could rewrite it from memory correctly 3 times in a row. I also used the forest app to stop me using my phone while I did this. Hope this helps, good luck! :smile:

yes!! the forest app is great
omg same, i tried to do this like template sample thing but honestly gave up when i had no idea what to actually write

I need to find exemplars. what degree do u wanna do
I need to find exemplars. what degree do u wanna do

veterinary science so need AAA
Hey chem guys and gals,
Thanks homies

use seneca a level chem,
Original post by WILD_CHILD1407
use seneca a level chem,

have tried seneca but find it wayyy too vague for alevel standard. fine for GCSE but i’m really not a fan for A-level
have tried seneca but find it wayyy too vague for alevel standard. fine for GCSE but i’m really not a fan for A-level

yeppp - chemguide is so much better and it has so many examples and practice questions

Quick Reply

Latest