There needs to be another lockdown

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So many cases again we have surely gotta have another lockdown very soon, and it surely it needs to be more stricter than ever, maybe just as the summer holidays start, why haven't we lockdown already? Surely there will be another lockdown soon?
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
You can always stay at home yourself, if that's what you want.
DJ Trump fan
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So many cases again we have surely gotta have another lockdown very soon, and it surely it needs to be more stricter than ever, maybe just as the summer holidays start, why haven't we lockdown already? Surely there will be another lockdown soon?
How much has Boris paid you?? I'll double it.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Why?

The vaccine means that many less people become ill enough to go to hospital and die, hence the lack of a surge.

There is no reason to lockdown the country to prevent you getting ill, only to stop you going to hospital and dying.
R_A_A
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by DJ Trump fan)
How much has Boris paid you?? I'll double it.
lmfaoooooo
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
And what did the last 3 solve. Haven’t you had enough
username5326522
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
you're definitely one of the kids at school who reminded the teacher that we had homework
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
hospitalisations are rising a third of the rate of the second wave

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...s-second-wave/

sooner or later though another variant will emerge which can escape the vaccine and then we will see another lockdown, because it literally takes like 10+ months to get every adult fully vaccinated
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
you're definitely one of the kids at school who reminded the teacher that we had homework
u want a lockdown (like are u Peter from horrid Henry or someat)-but I bet ur not gonna be staying home-this is just a chance for you to go on bloody holiday trips whilst it's quiet whilst the rest of us sit in the corner of our bedrooms looking at the blonde mop on boris's head
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
I agree. It would absolutely kill me (and others) but it's the right thing to do.
Anonymous #1
Well this delta plus variant apparently can evade vaccines
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
You got the vaccine and suddenly you believe all is sorted? I personally think that Covid will never be eradicated, just mutating from time to time.
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Real Fascism:
RichPiana
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
The year is 2045. A new variant of Covid-19 named Yabadabadu has made its way to the UK from Namibia. The UK PM has announced that the country will go into lockdown #695946 to try and control this new variant. It is rumoured that this new variant is deadlier than the previous 1,567,201 variants and is resistant to the vaccination.
mnot
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Well this delta plus variant apparently can evade vaccines
Do you have any credible peer reviewed studies that have concluded this?

Because the latest data seems to suggest after 2 doses they are highly effective.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
What needs a lockdown is your gob.
Anonymous #5
Report 10 months ago
The cases are rising and so - as much as I would hate it - I do believe that we need another lockdown. On the other hand, the economy can’t take it again as many small businesses have already had to close. The grants that are being given are payed by the government and over time we will pay this money back to them in tax.

There is no easy solution and I don’t know whether Borris should put us in lockdown again????
Rakas21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
The cases are rising and so - as much as I would hate it - I do believe that we need another lockdown. On the other hand, the economy can’t take it again as many small businesses have already had to close. The grants that are being given are payed by the government and over time we will pay this money back to them in tax.

There is no easy solution and I don’t know whether Borris should put us in lockdown again????
Given that deaths are around 20 per day thanks to the vaccine can I confirm that post Covid you will be calling for a lockdown to prevent influenza deaths (also a virus and kills 20,000 per year).
Last edited by Rakas21; 10 months ago
Anonymous #1

Exactly there needs to be a lockdown now
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
if there's a lockdown it can happen after September now and fr the love of God yyyy on earth are you u tryna be Boris Johnson's health advisor
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads