I've had cosmetic surgery and going to work on the weekend. What is a lie I could say

Watch
Beforesunsets
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So I've just gotten face liposuction and I have to wear a full head bandage for 2 weeks. I've got work on the weekend. What excuse should I say that isn't cosmetic surgery related?
I know it's silly to lie but I'm young and work in a place with girls around the same age and I really don't want gossiped about.
My specific surgery was vaper liposuction and face tite. I'm swollen and have a full bandage around jaw and back of head.

Thank you!!
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Why do you have to say anything? I had surgery last year on my V and although it was a medical reason only very few people knew what I actually had done. At work I could only do certain things due to the area being so sensitive and the worry of me pulling stitches. My mangers knew because obviously they were the ones who gave me permission to not do certain tasks. The other members of staff didn’t know the details they just knew I had a procedure done and as a result couldn’t do certain tasks. You don’t owe anyone an explanation… please remember that! If they wanna gossip about your medical situation that says more about them and how sad their lives must be. If you really wanna lie the simple route would be saying you had some kind of jaw surgery or the more complex route would be brain surgery but either way they will have questions so you can’t just tell them it’s none of their business in the first place or dig yourself into a hole of questions and lies… either way they will always want to know more x
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
"I had surgery, and dont want to talk about it."
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
"My medical history isn't something I want to share"
Allie4
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
You had your wisdom teeth removed, that usually makes a person face swollen and leaves them needing bandages around their face sometimes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (7)
13.21%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.89%
Finding the time to revise (6)
11.32%
Finding the motivation (10)
18.87%
Getting distracted (8)
15.09%
Procrastination (21)
39.62%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads