I applied to Castle at Durham. Is this the right choice?

Watch
Elinam D
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi there! I applied for a place at University College (Castle) for my first year and I start in September. They accepted me into Castle and I was really excited. At first, I like the sound of living in a castle and the Durham website made it sound really amazing. But now that I've been looking for more information I'm not sure if I've made the right choice. There are very few pictures and I don't know if I'll enjoy it there or if the accommodation is actually nice. Have I made a good choice??
mxxnal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I rarely hear complaints about the actual accomodation. The university treats Castle like their baby - don't worry, you'll be fine, unless you don't like the people there.

Castle's reputation is entirely based on the people who go there.
Elinam D
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thank you so much! I haven't been able to visit because of COVID but thankfully I've gotten good comments about the accommodation.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
This information may be outdated as it's been some years since I applied, but at the time they told me only 3rd years actually lived in the Castle itself.

Just in case you were expecting to move into the castle proper in September
XanaXoid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
This information may be outdated as it's been some years since I applied, but at the time they told me only 3rd years actually lived in the Castle itself.

Just in case you were expecting to move into the castle proper in September
I think it hasn't changed. I applied this year and somebody told me the same thing
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
You likely will not be living in the Castle, just to be clear. It is quite normal for there to not be much information at this point, but you will get a fresher pack with tonnes of information before you arrive.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Better choice than mine lol. I think you're good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.12%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.33%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.01%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28.57%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed