Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So both unis have accepted me.. I’ll be studying graphic design but I don’t know where I’d be better off going now ..

Help!!
insidedesigner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The answer to your question depends on whether you'd prefer to live in Leicester or London. The choice of city is likely to have a much greater impact on your Uni experience than the courses themselves, both of which are perfectly decent.
James-Uni of Westminster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So both unis have accepted me.. I’ll be studying graphic design but I don’t know where I’d be better off going now ..

Help!!
Hi there,

I graduated at the University of Westminster in 2020 after four years of study there and now work for the Course Enquiries Team.

One of the main advantages that encouraged me to apply here was the location. There are three main campuses in central London as well as a Law School situated near to Regent Street. This is one of the most centrally located universities in London and even if you aren't based at the Cavendish, Regent Street or Marylebone campus, you will always have access to these buildings and will give you a good excuse to be at the heart of a bustling city that provides a unique backdrop to complete your degree where you can take advantage of all they have to offer. The campuses offer state of the art facilities including new libraries, break out areas, gyms, silent work rooms and interesting seminar rooms.

Nonetheless, for Graphic Design you will be based at our Harrow Campus – home to our arts, media and digital courses – you’ll work alongside students from film, photography, music, fashion and journalism, in a unique creative hothouse. This is an a very open and green campus that is also home to Harrow Hall, the student accommodation. You can find more information about that here https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/accommodation

As for the course, Graphic design is a multi-disciplinary activity that requires a wide range of intellectual, creative and technical skills. Our course places emphasis on the design, presentation and communication of ideas and information suited to the genuine needs of the end-user. It also encourages your creativity, individuality, personal growth and understanding, employing a range of delivery and teaching strategies including project work, group work and collaboration, workshops, seminars, group tutorials, crits and think-tank sessions.

It isn't all in vain either. 90% of our Graphic Communication Design BA graduates go on to work or further study 15 months after finishing their course. Graduates from this course have found employment at organisations including: Apple, BBC, DixonBaxi, FutureBrand, Google, the British Museum, Transport for London.

Either way, the choice is for you to make but we would love to have you start your journey with us at the University of Westminster.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads