The Student Room Group

What highers and AH should i take???

My grades this year at s5 wernt good, with an A at higher chemistry, a B at higher english and physics, a C in higher business and a pass at nat 5 maths. Im doing nat 5 maths because i got put into the “naughty” dumb class in s3. I want to do engineering or anything to do with physics really. So im obviously doing AH physics because it will be helpful and because i need to make up for only doing higher maths in s6. But im also taking (crash) higher bio and AH chemistry. Are these classes necessary for me to get an offer at a university like strathclyde or glasgow? Or could i get a conditional without them? Thanks:smile:
I was on the Strathclyde virtual open day on Wednesday and the Engineering admissions department did say admission to their degrees was competitive, they have many more applicants than spaces. I suspect they will be looking for A in Higher Maths at the end of S5.

Can you talk to them to discuss what they would expect from S6 or other routes onto the courses? Maybe also look at their Engineering Academy which is an enhanced HNC with lower entry requirements run at partner colleges, and if you pass that with an A grade you get guaranteed 2nd year entry into a BEng.
Reply 2
Original post by BlackLab
I was on the Strathclyde virtual open day on Wednesday and the Engineering admissions department did say admission to their degrees was competitive, they have many more applicants than spaces. I suspect they will be looking for A in Higher Maths at the end of S5.

Can you talk to them to discuss what they would expect from S6 or other routes onto the courses? Maybe also look at their Engineering Academy which is an enhanced HNC with lower entry requirements run at partner colleges, and if you pass that with an A grade you get guaranteed 2nd year entry into a BEng.

i emailed them and glasgow about everything like 5 days ago and haven't got a reply:/ so I don't think I'm getting any info from them. also do you think that the chances of me getting a conditional for a physics course is slim? thanks!!
What grades did you get in s5? I’ve applied them too they still haven’t responded me yet.
Reply 4
ABBC at higher chemistry, english, physics and business. In that order. Wbu
A maths, A physics, A PE, B chemistry
What engineering are you applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending