The Student Room Group

Could a 18 and 24 year old get together

Reason im asking is there this 24 year old girl and i kinda like her but im scared that are age is too much which sucks but i wanna hear peoples opinions on if i i could actually get into a relationship with her.we both have the same birthday so when i turn 19 she will turn 25
Of course you could couple up. My parents have a 6 year age gap too. Go get her if you want her mate.
Original post by Anonymous
Reason im asking is there this 24 year old girl and i kinda like her but im scared that are age is too much which sucks but i wanna hear peoples opinions on if i i could actually get into a relationship with her.we both have the same birthday so when i turn 19 she will turn 25

Also you will find that the age gap diminishes over time.
Hi. Yeah, this is probably a case where you’re both at different stages in life and dating can become hard because of this. There are definitely some negatives but ultimately I think you should just do what you are happy with, and not let anything stop you. I haven’t seen it happen, as in the girl older than the guy, but that’s not to say it cant happen. If she’s alright with it then continue with it, she might be closing in on marriage age though. If it’s something she’s happy to wait until you’re ready for, do talk to her about it early on so you both have a clear path.
You could, but I think some people would find it weird.

A 6 year age gap isn't a big deal as people get older, but at your age there is a fair bit of difference in terms of her likely being more mature than you and you both being in different life stages and wanting different things in a partner. It completely changes from person to person, but I'm 25 and my bf is 22 and I can feel the age gap between us in terms of life stages and our difference is only 3 years.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Becky2305
You could, but I think some people would find it weird.

A 6 year age gap isn't a big deal as people get older, but at your age there is a fair bit of difference in terms of her likely being more mature than you and you both being in different life stages and wanting different things in a partner. It completely changes from person to person, but I'm 25 and my bf is 22 and I can feel the age gap between us in terms of life stages and our difference is only 3 years.

Hmm yh cool thanks
Reply 6
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Hi. Yeah, this is probably a case where you’re both at different stages in life and dating can become hard because of this. There are definitely some negatives but ultimately I think you should just do what you are happy with, and not let anything stop you. I haven’t seen it happen, as in the girl older than the guy, but that’s not to say it cant happen. If she’s alright with it then continue with it, she might be closing in on marriage age though. If it’s something she’s happy to wait until you’re ready for, do talk to her about it early on so you both have a clear path.

Yh thats true and yh thanks
Reply 7
Original post by jameshanson01
Also you will find that the age gap diminishes over time.

Yh thats defo true
If you like her, ask her out and see where it goes.
As said above, the age gap may cause some issues, but no reason you couldn't be happy together either. No relationship is 'perfect' and guaranteed to work out.
Reply 9
Original post by becausethenight
If you like her, ask her out and see where it goes.
As said above, the age gap may cause some issues, but no reason you couldn't be happy together either. No relationship is 'perfect' and guaranteed to work out.

Yh thats true,i guess ill talk to her more coz we havent been talking for long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending