The Student Room Group

I’m sick of it

Before I start I want to give a little backstory. I’m 17 and have never had any girl confess nor have I gone out with anyone before.

Everyone in my family tells me I’m good looking and even my aunties. I never believe them because I feel like they are just saying it anyway. And also because I feel like the opposite gender isn’t interested in me at all.

I decided a year or two ago to completely change and improve my style and grooming. Nothing has changed till this day. I know I dress well now and that’s a fact. But I just still fail. I smell rlly good. Have a better hairstyle and I have no acne or spots. I just don’t see what’s wrong.

Today me and my friend went on Omegle. There were two girls. One of them said “he’s fit the other one isn’t” ofc they were talking about my friend not me…

Honestly it hurt a lot.. considering I did my best to look after myself and also everyone calls me attractive yet… I always find myself in the same situation. I feel like everyone just says it to make me feel better at this point.

Also another person added me and my friend on snap. But she aired me and talked to my friend..

Idk what’s wrong with me anymore. I’m just losing all of my energy. I just… idk

Sorry guys I don’t want to feel sorry for myself I hate doing that.. but today it just feels soo bad.
Nobody has to reply I just wanted to put this somewhere..

Sorry again if I wasted ur time.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Before I start I want to give a little backstory. I’m 17 and have never had any girl confess nor have I gone out with anyone before.

Everyone in my family tells me I’m good looking and even my aunties. I never believe them because I feel like they are just saying it anyway. And also because I feel like the opposite gender isn’t interested in me at all.

I decided a year or two ago to completely change and improve my style and grooming. Nothing has changed till this day. I know I dress well now and that’s a fact. But I just still fail. I smell rlly good. Have a better hairstyle and I have no acne or spots. I just don’t see what’s wrong.

Today me and my friend went on Omegle. There were two girls. One of them said “he’s fit the other one isn’t” ofc they were talking about my friend not me…

Honestly it hurt a lot.. considering I did my best to look after myself and also everyone calls me attractive yet… I always find myself in the same situation. I feel like everyone just says it to make me feel better at this point.

Also another person added me and my friend on snap. But she aired me and talked to my friend..

Idk what’s wrong with me anymore. I’m just losing all of my energy. I just… idk

Sorry guys I don’t want to feel sorry for myself I hate doing that.. but today it just feels soo bad.
Nobody has to reply I just wanted to put this somewhere..

Sorry again if I wasted ur time.

Hey!

Trust me the only thing that´s wrong about you is the image you have of yourself, you have to feel attractive in order to be attractive.
It´s all about the energy you project to others, trust me I´ve been in your place: I looked different from all the people of the country I´m living now, I used to be shy and feel really ugly until one day I started to think I was sexy and now I´m considerated really exotic, I´m extroverted and somehow everybody wants me.
You are already perfect to somebody! But you haven´t met it yet, in my experience I prefer shy and quiet men because they remind me of myself.
So my advice is don´t worry! Shake yourself and be open to meet new girls without thinking they are going to like more your friends!
Brother, you are just 17. Calm down. Take it easy. Things will fall in place sooner or later.
Reply 3
At 17 you are barely of an age to be dating, so you have plenty of time to meet girls, and in real life, not the internet. However, learn to make friends with them first rather than coming over as being desperate for a relationship.

And no matter how good you look, a relationship isn't sustainable if you don't have an attractive personality.

PS. No-one can smell you onine!
Reply 4
Original post by vita00
Hey!

Trust me the only thing that´s wrong about you is the image you have of yourself, you have to feel attractive in order to be attractive.
It´s all about the energy you project to others, trust me I´ve been in your place: I looked different from all the people of the country I´m living now, I used to be shy and feel really ugly until one day I started to think I was sexy and now I´m considerated really exotic, I´m extroverted and somehow everybody wants me.
You are already perfect to somebody! But you haven´t met it yet, in my experience I prefer shy and quiet men because they remind me of myself.
So my advice is don´t worry! Shake yourself and be open to meet new girls without thinking they are going to like more your friends!

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words of encouragement.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
At 17 you are barely of an age to be dating, so you have plenty of time to meet girls, and in real life, not the internet. However, learn to make friends with them first rather than coming over as being desperate for a relationship.

And no matter how good you look, a relationship isn't sustainable if you don't have an attractive personality.

PS. No-one can smell you onine!

I agree with what you are saying. In fact I never even expect anything more than friendship. But yeah real life will be wayy better online isn't really sustainable. It's just when you see everybody around you ahead of you it makes me feel as if i'm behind or I am doing something wrong.
How tall are you?
Reply 7
How tall are you?

5ft 11
5ft 11

Do you have a beard?
Reply 9
Do you have a beard?

yes?
17 is quite early to look for a relationship (contradicting myself here, even though I'm still in the glow-up process), so you'll eventually find a girl who is blown away by your appearance. Just don't take your frustration out on your friend as it's not his fault he's generally appealling.
yes?

Maybe it's because you are small down below most girls whether they admit or not prefer a big one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending