MJ45814
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi again!!

I have found this site to be the most knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to university crisis' so here we go!

I am having a look at Welsh universities in particular Bangor and Cardiff however I am unable to find where the placement hospitals are so I was wondering if anyone has any insight on where they are or what hospitals they are! It would be such a big help if so!

Thank you
Xxx
Allyson2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MJ45814)
Hi again!!

I have found this site to be the most knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to university crisis' so here we go!

I am having a look at Welsh universities in particular Bangor and Cardiff however I am unable to find where the placement hospitals are so I was wondering if anyone has any insight on where they are or what hospitals they are! It would be such a big help if so!

Thank you
Xxx
These are only ones I can find after researching your point.
I'm not welsh but I am a NHS scotland dual adult nurse & midwife.
You won't know where your placements will be till you are told by the university once you finally start it. You can be sent anywhere to a hospital or even working in the community as a student nurse or midwife. So basically I would wait till you start your course wherever you may goto for it.

Women's Unit
Hospital department · Cardiff
University Hospital of Wales
University hospital
Open 24 hours

"Plusem jest pani na recepcji (maternity i gineko-onkologia) jest ..."
Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital
Private hospital
Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Mon

"It is not a national health hospital."
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
Public Health Department · Cardiff
Open 24 hours

"A big thank you to everyone on that ward. Slowly on the mend."
Innermost Healthcare
Medical Diagnostic Imaging Centre
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Mon

"Amazing clinic! From the reception team through to the clinical, it is ..."
Prince Charles Hospital
General hospital · Merthyr Tydfil
Open 24 hours

Emergency department: Open 24 hours
MJ45814
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Allyson2020)
These are only ones I can find after researching your point.
I'm not welsh but I am a NHS scotland dual adult nurse & midwife.
You won't know where your placements will be till you are told by the university once you finally start it. You can be sent anywhere to a hospital or even working in the community as a student nurse or midwife. So basically I would wait till you start your course wherever you may goto for it.

Women's Unit
Hospital department · Cardiff
University Hospital of Wales
University hospital
Open 24 hours

"Plusem jest pani na recepcji (maternity i gineko-onkologia) jest ..."
Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital
Private hospital
Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Mon

"It is not a national health hospital."
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
Public Health Department · Cardiff
Open 24 hours

"A big thank you to everyone on that ward. Slowly on the mend."
Innermost Healthcare
Medical Diagnostic Imaging Centre
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Mon

"Amazing clinic! From the reception team through to the clinical, it is ..."
Prince Charles Hospital
General hospital · Merthyr Tydfil
Open 24 hours

Emergency department: Open 24 hours
Thank you so much! I don't have a car and so I am thinking about the public transport and the costs of that too which I didn't realise until I was counting up the figures!!!! How do you find it, working as a midwife and are there any tips for my personal statement you could give me? Xxx
Allyson2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you so much! I don't have a car and so I am thinking about the public transport and the costs of that too which I didn't realise until I was counting up the figures!!!! How do you find it, working as a midwife and are there any tips for my personal statement you could give me? Xxx
Hi
You so welcome ok.
I shall send you a PM message on things ok. X
STMW20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi,

Are you planning on staying in halls? at Bangor University if you stay in halls and are not from the area then they would (try) and place you at bangor community midwives (about 10 minutes on the bus from halls costing £1) and the bangor hospital which is about a 15 minute walk from halls.

you can always email the universities health departments. they were very helpful when I was applying
Bangor Uni
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi again!!

Thank you
Xxx
Hi MJ45814,

At Bangor placements are based in one or two areas within the local health board, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. You do choose what placements you would prefer at Bangor, and we do strive to try and place students in their first choice, but of course we can't guarantee that. The main hospital in Bangor is Ysbyty Gwynedd and if you are placed here it's a short 10-15 minute walk from your halls of residence. There are also some smaller hospitals and health clinics locally which are a short bus ride away. I'd recommend you chat to Julie who is one of the admissions tutors for Midwifery online at - https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life/unibuddy. She'll be able to give you more information on placements

Anything else you need please do let me know,
Rhian
Last edited by Bangor Uni; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.35%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.64%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
6.17%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
39.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
27.16%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.47%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.7%

Watched Threads