dilaral
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If i want to do Pharmacy at UCL, would I be able to retake year 12 or can i only get in on my first attempt?
anonymous#192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What year are you in currently? What A Levels do you do? What grades do you currently have and have you had your UCAS prediction exams yet - if so how did you do in them?

I know someone who resat year 12 and is doing really well now and is settled in her new year group. It is possible to get into pharmacy in your first attempt but it depends on the answers to the questions above
dilaral
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by anonymous#192)
What year are you in currently? What A Levels do you do? What grades do you currently have and have you had your UCAS prediction exams yet - if so how did you do in them?

I know someone who resat year 12 and is doing really well now and is settled in her new year group. It is possible to get into pharmacy in your first attempt but it depends on the answers to the questions above
im in year 12 and i do chem, bio and maths and i havent got my predicted grades yet. im not planning on retaking but in theory if i didnt do well in year 13, would i be able to retake and still get into pharmacy?
anonymous#192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dilaral)
im in year 12 and i do chem, bio and maths and i havent got my predicted grades yet. im not planning on retaking but in theory if i didnt do well in year 13, would i be able to retake and still get into pharmacy?
I applied for medicine and some unis had fine print whereby if you had applied once before and your application wasn't successful they disadvantaged your application the next year, but this might not be the case with pharmacy. You're doing the right subjects for it though which is a good start! If you're currently able to keep up with the content in year 12 I would maybe suggest starting year 13 and applying for uni and all that stuff and if you don't get the grades you need you can always retake them if you need to - lots of people do! I also know some people who didn't get the grades they wanted and just retook year 13 and redid their A Levels then, so that may be another option. You're still in year 12 though so unless your predicted grades don't meet the minimum requirement for your course choices I wouldn't worry about having to retake or anything like that. If you don't get the predicted grades you can always work for the actual grades in year 13 and take a gap year after year 13 and use your actual a levels to apply to uni after your gap year
Joonsbonsai
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi I applied to pharmacy at UCL this year after retaking my AS exams last year and I got an offer. It really is possible don’t feel like you can’t do it!! I got AAB last year and they didn’t ask for any higher requirements since that’s the standard offer. What might benefit you is asking for slightly higher predicted grades say AAA (you don’t need to get those grades) but even without that I think you’ll be fine.

Edit: I just realised that because you’re from England your mocks are your predicted grades (I’m from wales so we sit exams in yr 12) As someone said above try and meet those this year because UCL is competitive you should really aim to meet the requirements to give yourself the best chance
Last edited by Joonsbonsai; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.93%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.85%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.11%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.04%

Watched Threads