Can I get my grade rounded up

Watch this thread
Reb334
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
My final uni grade came back as a 2:2. When I’ve checked, it’s been graded at 59.85% is there any way I can get it rounded up. I’ve already asked student services but they’ve not responded
Last edited by Reb334; 10 months ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Have you already been given your classification?
Is that your final degree grade?

What university are you at?
Reb334
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Have you already been given your classification?
Is that your final degree grade?

What university are you at?
The results came through as a lower second class, yes this is my final grade. It’s Oxford brookes
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Reb334)
The results came through as a lower second class, yes this is my final grade. It’s Oxford brookes
From Oxford Brookes page:

“NB: The average mark is truncated and not automatically rounded up, e.g. 59.6 is not automatically rounded up to 60 and stays at a lower second class honours.
A borderline classification can be upgraded if it meets the following requirements:

Students with 68% or above with 4 out of the last 8 acceptable module credits in the higher class of degree will normally receive a first.
Students with 59% or above with 4 out of the last 8 acceptable module credits in the higher class of degree will normally receive an upper second class honours.”

Have you met the second requirement? (I suspect not as these are generally done and calculated before final classifications are given out)
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
My final uni grade came back as a 2:2. When I’ve checked, it’s been graded at 59.85% is there any way I can get it rounded up. I’ve already asked student services but they’ve not responded
Hello Reb334,

Hope you are doing well!

I would recommend getting in touch with your Academic Advisor regarding this if you have not already, they should be able to provide you with a bit more clarification regarding this matter.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Shaf
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
The best thing to do is to speak to your lecturers directly. Oxford Brookes is filled with corruption with a lot of lecturers disagreeing with the system they work within.

I literally approached one after class and he changed my grade from a 63 to a 68. I know it's an absolute joke but that is Oxford Brookes. Enjoy paying off that massive debt to them lol
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
not possible
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (7)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (8)
38.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (5)
23.81%
It was TERRIBLE (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads