The Student Room Group

Robert Walker Essay Prize for Law Trinity College Cambridge 2021

Did anyone write an essay for this and how did you find it? Anyone know when results are out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey! I did, I found it really hard and did it last minute so noticed loads of mistakes after I handed it in which is annoying. How did you find it? And no idea about results- it said by the end of June but obviously that has just passed, and so now on the website it has changed to saying mid-July which is annoying. I’m not expecting anything but I think you get a bit of feedback which should be helpful so looking forward to that. Hopefully the results are soon I can’t take the suspense!!
I know it’s late but I wrote one too!
Reply 3
Original post by FeakandWeable
I know it’s late but I wrote one too!

Cool! Have you heard anything they said mid July??
Original post by mil2004
Cool! Have you heard anything they said mid July??

Nope, I’m hoping soon though. We’ve been waiting so long.
Reply 5

Ikr im not patient enough for this
DId yall hear from them yet? Its past the 15 now

its past mid july, did yall hear anything yet?
Original post by Ephemeral03
its past mid july, did yall hear anything yet?

Nope nothing yet, I don’t know what’s happening. How do you guys think you did?
Nope nothing yet, I don’t know what’s happening. How do you guys think you did?

1 minute ago

I think I did horribly really. I learned a month late on how to write a law essay, on top of that I didn't state any laws it was more like an argumentative essay. How do you think you did?
1 minute ago

I think I did horribly really. I learned a month late on how to write a law essay, on top of that I didn't state any laws it was more like an argumentative essay. How do you think you did?

I think mine was quite good but I don’t really know. I used some laws and examples so I’m hoping I get something out of it.
Hiyaaa, don't think mine was ace - reading back it's quite disjointed and I feel like I didn't use critics or academics or anything, just my own opinion backed up by generic stuff. Hmm, good experience though, glad I did itttt. There's another thread about this essay competition: Trinity College Law Essay Competition (Robert Walker).
Reply 12
Hello I also submitted an essay, I feel like its any day now although it feels like it should be a Monday or some sort of significant day. I also did that thing where I submitted and noticed a mistake later but I've accepted that :smile: . Why do you guys think its so much later than last year - maybe more entries due to Covid? It was really interesting to write so I'm pretty excited for any sort of personal feedback although I'm not expecting much. Are you all applying for law? Anyway good luck to everyone!
1 minute ago

I wouldn’t worry too much. We haven’t studied law yet so I don’t think we are expected to go too in depth with the law. I think it’s moreso that they want to see how well we can develop and support an argument and present a balanced argument on a topic which involves the law.
Original post by laravimam
I wouldn’t worry too much. We haven’t studied law yet so I don’t think we are expected to go too in depth with the law. I think it’s moreso that they want to see how well we can develop and support an argument and present a balanced argument on a topic which involves the law.

I agree! I think they are looking for argument formulation and overall use of evidence not just necessary legal knowledge. I hope they release the results soon.
Original post by Lizav
Hello I also submitted an essay, I feel like its any day now although it feels like it should be a Monday or some sort of significant day. I also did that thing where I submitted and noticed a mistake later but I've accepted that :smile: . Why do you guys think its so much later than last year - maybe more entries due to Covid? It was really interesting to write so I'm pretty excited for any sort of personal feedback although I'm not expecting much. Are you all applying for law? Anyway good luck to everyone!

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m applying for Law
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m applying for Law

me too! Anyone else planning on applying to cambridge specifically?
Original post by Rebeca5782

Nope, Oxford for me
Original post by Rebeca5782

Yes, Cambridge for law. What other universities have interested you for law as well?
Will be applying for Oxford haha. What college are y'all looking at?

Quick Reply

Latest