The Student Room Group

Pets at University

Hello, I have just finished my final year of university. I am staying in my university city with my friend who is still a student so we will be staying within student housing. Last year I was living with my then girlfriend (now ex) and was convinced into getting two kittens. This wasn’t a problem as being students, particularly during coronavirus, we didn’t leave the house very much so was able to care for the cats and able to hide them if there ever was inspections. I do not have the luxury of being a student anymore so will be working a full time job. This means that if there is any inspections then I will not be able to hide the cats and there are sure to be a few house viewings for students next year. I love my cats to pieces and can’t imagine my life without them but I don’t know what to do because I’m not sure what my landlord can do if they find out. I presume it’s a case of either get rid of the cats or I am released from my tenancy but the latter would be expensive and would mean I was homeless. Somebody please offer advice or insight as I am going a little bit crazy because of all the stress and unknown.
Original post by yeetouttawindow
could take them to another house while the inspection is going on or house visits

Yeah, what they said 😋
Reply 2
could take them to another house while the inspection is going on or house visits

That’s one of the solutions I had considered but all of mine and my housemates friends have graduated either last year or this year so we wouldn’t have anyone who we know/trust that could look after them on those days. I considered a cattery but there aren’t any that are walking distance from me and I do not drive, that and the fact that catteries tend to like you to book in advance. Thank you for the suggestion though 🙂
wait what
so she convinced you to get 2 kittens now you split
and left you with them?
Reply 4
wait what
so she convinced you to get 2 kittens now you split
and left you with them?

To make a long story short yes lol
I love them to pieces so I don’t mind caring for them it’s just all the other drama that comes with it
Get rid of the cats. If the landlord finds out you will lose your deposit and be kicked out of the flat.
Agree with anon 1, sell them ASAP, it's disrespectful thst you got them in the first place ngl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending