Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

My mentor for Uni wants me to have final 5 uni choices and personal statement in by tomorrow.

1 problem- Couple of weeks ago we decided that Media studies/Cultural studies with Criminology was he best route for me to take, however, I'm not enthusiastic about this at all.

I'm interested in Crime, Technology, Problem solving, Analysing e.g texts,
    Reasons behind things e.g Advertising

Any suggestions or constructive advice would be much appreciated Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why aren't you enthusiastic about Media/Culture with Criminology if those are your interests?
    remember, UCAS search is your friend - spend half an hour searching those keywords and you'll find something
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Boy-da-man)
    Hello everyone,

My mentor for Uni wants me to have final 5 uni choices and personal statement in by tomorrow.

1 problem- Couple of weeks ago we decided that Media studies/Cultural studies with Criminology was he best route for me to take, however, I'm not enthusiastic about this at all.

I'm interested in Crime, Technology, Problem solving, Analysing e.g texts,
    Reasons behind things e.g Advertising

Any suggestions or constructive advice would be much appreciated Thanks
    Criminology + something else? EG. English (lit/lang), or something else?

Also you could just do straight crimonology and take electives in things you're interested in.

ReputationRep:
    What are your A-level subjects? With regards to the criminology and analysing side you could do a degree in psychology/criminology/forensic science. However you could use technology and problem solving with a computer related course like IT or telecommunications.

Try the UCAS stamford test: http://www.ucas.com/students/beforey...y/whattostudy/

ReputationRep:
    what would you be looking for as a possible future career?

ReputationRep:
    Try www.ukcoursefinder.com

I did it last week with the careers advisor at school. It comes up with a list of courses that would suit you based on your interests. It's supposed to be very accurate.

From what you've said, I'd guess something like law, criminology, psychology, english lit. etc What don't you like about the course you mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all replies so far
    I think its more to do with the fact that I want to do something different to media as i' doing it already. Although there are aspects of it that I Would still enjoy such as advertising.

At the moment I'm taking A2 English Lit, Media Studies and Critical Thinking

I was reading that science subject based courses offer the highest starting salaries

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.