Briana5647
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Can somebody please give me resources on ways I can improve my EPQ writing I’m currently struggling I need some websites that will help. Also how could I change my title to be more evaluative my current title is “is there a mental health stigma in ethnic minorities”
Last edited by Briana5647; 2 months ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Type a quick search on Google about "social stigma on ethnic minorities seeking help on their mental health".
drs.vud.192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Briana5647)
Can somebody please give me resources on ways I can improve my EPQ writing I’m currently struggling I need some websites that will help. Also how could I change my title to be more evaluative my current title is “is there a mental health stigma in ethnic minorities”
There are lots of great videos on youtube that can help you write your EPQ.
Google scholar is great for finding online sources.
I'd also look at some example EPQs.
If you're unsure about how a section of your EPQ is going, email your supervisor and ask them how it is. They're there for a reason.
Also what exactly do you mean to "be more evaluative"? If you could further explain what you mean then I could help you.
Briana5647
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
Type a quick search on Google about "social stigma on ethnic minorities seeking help on their mental health".
Thank you!
Briana5647
Rep:
?
(Original post by drs.vud.192)
There are lots of great videos on youtube that can help you write your EPQ.
Google scholar is great for finding online sources.
I'd also look at some example EPQs.
If you're unsure about how a section of your EPQ is going, email your supervisor and ask them how it is. They're there for a reason.
Also what exactly do you mean to "be more evaluative"? If you could further explain what you mean then I could help you.
Thank you soo much! My teacher just told I should make it more evaluative he didn’t really elaborate on it. I think the title is probably not academic enough. I don’t know how to make it more academic
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you!
I'm always glad to help.
drs.vud.192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you soo much! My teacher just told I should make it more evaluative he didn’t really elaborate on it. I think the title is probably not academic enough. I don’t know how to make it more academic
No problem! I'm happy to help.
In that case I would personally say that you should add a little bit at the start of your title to specify what standpoint you are answering this question from. For example:
- 'From a sociological standpoint, to what extent is there a stigma against mental health among ethnic minorities?'
- or 'From a psychological standpoint, how far is it correct to say that there is a stigma against mental health among ethnic minorities?'

Ultimately though your supervisor knows best and if this doesn't work for you I'd recommend asking them to elaborate.
If anything I just said doesn't make sense please let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise