The Student Room Group

Home office verifications

Hello,

I am a student studying from sept. 2020. I applied for finance under a long residency. My application has been rejected to insufficient evidence. I have been gathering evidence from 2004 till the present. It has been a real challenge and although I was able to gather most of it, I missed out 10months in 2008. I did however provide acceptable evidence for January and October 2008. But student finance wants me to cover the period in between. The only other evidence I have is from the Home Office. However, the home office does not provide original copy letters. Student finance is aware of this...

What can I do? Any advice? I have provided copy letters from the home office and asked student finance, through an appeal, to contact the home office to carry out verifications checks for that evidence. As I have not heard anything, I am wondering is this something they do? Any idea whether my application stands a chance of success?
Original post by 875SA
Hello,

I am a student studying from sept. 2020. I applied for finance under a long residency. My application has been rejected to insufficient evidence. I have been gathering evidence from 2004 till the present. It has been a real challenge and although I was able to gather most of it, I missed out 10months in 2008. I did however provide acceptable evidence for January and October 2008. But student finance wants me to cover the period in between. The only other evidence I have is from the Home Office. However, the home office does not provide original copy letters. Student finance is aware of this...

What can I do? Any advice? I have provided copy letters from the home office and asked student finance, through an appeal, to contact the home office to carry out verifications checks for that evidence. As I have not heard anything, I am wondering is this something they do? Any idea whether my application stands a chance of success?

Hi, we can check status with the home office, not long residency.

If you can't provide the evidence that covers all the periods requested then you won't be eligible for the funding under the long residency criteria unfortunately.

You can find out more information here https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/fees-and-funding/funding/long-uk-residence-and-funding
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending