theheff
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone!
I have firmed my offer to study computer science at Aberystwyth this September (2021) Exciting!!!
I am 27 and wondering if there are any other mature students starting at Aberystwyth this year!?
I have an offer to stay in Ffferm Penglais, is anyone else staying in halls or are you choosing to rent privately?
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi theheff,

Well done on your offer to come and study here at Aberystwyth! I have just finished my 3rd year studying here at Aber, please let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.

Rebecca 😊
Lynnleen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by theheff)
Hello everyone!
I have firmed my offer to study computer science at Aberystwyth this September (2021) Exciting!!!
I am 27 and wondering if there are any other mature students starting at Aberystwyth this year!?
I have an offer to stay in Ffferm Penglais, is anyone else staying in halls or are you choosing to rent privately?
Hie...also have an offer for Msc Animal Science. Im 35...hope to join Aber as an international student.
PlantSophie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi!
I'm 24 doing Plant Biology staying in Pentre Jane Morgan.
Looking forward to it
clairehxxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey all,
I'm doing Zoology at Aber, but I'm starting on a foundation year.

I just finished doing a foundation year in Business Fiance, although it was fun i have decided to make a switch.

So i currently live in Aber and i just love the place, I was very nervous last year about being a lot older then others. (i am 41).
But i was never treated any different in fact there is quite a lot of mature students here.
Lynnleen
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by clairehxxx)
Hey all,
I'm doing Zoology at Aber, but I'm starting on a foundation year.

I just finished doing a foundation year in Business Fiance, although it was fun i have decided to make a switch.

So i currently live in Aber and i just love the place, I was very nervous last year about being a lot older then others. (i am 41).
But i was never treated any different in fact there is quite a lot of mature students here.
Im glad to hear that. At least it seems like there are many of us. So Claire do you stay at the University residency or outside?
clairehxxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lynnleen)
Im glad to hear that. At least it seems like there are many of us. So Claire do you stay at the University residency or outside?
I live up in Penparcau. me and my partner moved here last year for me to attend uni. but i have views of the national library from my balcony, that's next to the uni. It's about a 20 min walk from uni. or 2 mins from morrisons, about 10 mins from the beach.
Where are u planning to stay hun,
Lynnleen
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Im planning to stay at the University accommodation....as there is a accommodation scholarship for international students.
12simmoe
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by theheff)
Hello everyone!
Hi! I’m going to aber in september too. I’m a mature student going back to study. I’m staying in halls too!
Lukeyc!
Rep:
?
Report 18 hours ago
Hi, I'll be 27 when starting at Aberystwyth in September, I will be staying in halls. Not sure which halls yet though, its been a few weeks since my accommodation application went through with no reply yet. Looking forward to it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise