Panvslks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
heya guys, do you believe that the universities will fully open on September or not. is there any possibility that they'll follow a hybrid system ? like half online half on-sight ?
thank you
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
dk most prob on sight
MTJS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am going to Kent and they sent us an email saying that it will be blended learning this year with the majority of exams and lectures being online. It is sad because I did hope to attend the university and make use of the facilities like the library and gym. It would be nice to meet the people on the course too.
XXL3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I get the feeling many universities are going to play it safe and do blended.
GeoSocio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MTJS)
I am going to Kent and they sent us an email saying that it will be blended learning this year with the majority of exams and lectures being online. It is sad because I did hope to attend the university and make use of the facilities like the library and gym. It would be nice to meet the people on the course too.
I’m going to Kent as well, and it would be nice to use their facilities like the Gulbenkian and as you said the library. It is a concern of mine about being able to meet classmates and create study groups. I was looking at their website and they’ve unfortunately had 60 cases in the last week on campus. Hopefully things will improve for September!
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
From what I've seen so far, some unis seem to be aiming for small groups in person and having facilities on campus open, but likely large lectures will continue to be online (although obviously there's no guarantee that the situation won't change and force them to reconsider).
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Panvslks)
heya guys, do you believe that the universities will fully open on September or not. is there any possibility that they'll follow a hybrid system ? like half online half on-sight ?
thank you
Hello Panvslks
I work in a University Centre and currently the plan is for learners to return to classrooms in September, however, we are planning digital classes as back up. The education secretary has stated that secondary's and FE college's should aim for a complete return, however, Universities have a lot more freedom in the sector. I know some Universities are planning for the first semester to be a blended learning approach - you are best just keeping an eye on where you are studying to see their policy

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MTJS)
I am studying in London and we received an email that everything will be f2f and we'll continue normally
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MTJS)
Why?
so Wembly can hold ten thousand plus people but your uni cant have lectures with 30 or so people in them.

They are mugging you off big time
University of Kent Reps
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Panvslks)
thank you
Hello! I am current rep for the Uni of Kent
From my knowledge and from what I know from our university were doing blended learning in at least the first term. This may change from course to course but a majority of the lectures will be online (either pre-recorded or deliver over zoom) while seminars will take place in person. It has been applied that exams will take place online as well but they will inform us closer to the exam date.

- Dale
GeoSocio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Kent Reps)
Hello! I am current rep for the Uni of Kent
From my knowledge and from what I know from our university were doing blended learning in at least the first term. This may change from course to course but a majority of the lectures will be online (either pre-recorded or deliver over zoom) while seminars will take place in person. It has been applied that exams will take place online as well but they will inform us closer to the exam date.

- Dale
Hello,

I was just wondering if Kent primarily uses zoom for online lectures, or does it use other resources like Microsoft teams as well?

Thank you!
GeoSocio
Last edited by GeoSocio; 1 month ago
University of Kent Reps
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GeoSocio)
Hello,

I was just wondering if Kent primarily uses zoom for online lectures, or does it use other resources like Microsoft teams as well?

Thank you!
GeoSocio
From my experience, we've only used Microsoft teams and Zoom! The lecturer will usually post a link and we were given team profiles (we didn't have to create our own)
- Dale
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.56%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
14.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.54%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
37.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.95%

Watched Threads