bubblyicedtea
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What enzymes are produced in the pancreas? If these aren't working effectively, what problems may arise?
username5432344
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Amylase, proteases (such as trypsin) and lipase are all produced in the pancreas, which are involved in digestion. If these enzymes aren't working, there will be a reduction in the digestion of starch/protein/lipids in the small intestine so biological molecules from food cannot be absorbed. In terms of problems this would cause, I'd say probably weight loss, fatigue and other things associated with not getting enough nutrients.
Hope this helps
Last edited by username5432344; 1 year ago
bubblyicedtea
Rep:
(Original post by Ethan512)
Amylase, proteases (such as trypsin) and lipase are all produced in the pancreas, which are involved in digestion. If these enzymes aren't working, there will be a reduction in the digestion of starch/protein/lipids in the small intestine so biological molecules from food cannot be absorbed. In terms of problems this would cause, I'd say probably weight loss, fatigue and other things associated with not getting enough nutrients.
Hope this helps
tysm!
rovaldobarbadis
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
the pancreas and the intestines are where most significant amount of digestive juices are produced. In case of any problems in the pancreatic enzymes, food will pass mostly undigested into the small intestines where there is a higher likely hood of food passing undigested into the colon. problems that may arise here are potential malnutrition on the high note and occasional bloating because bacteria in the colon will digest the food to produce gases such as hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide so basically, on the milder note, farting.
Last edited by rovaldobarbadis; 1 year ago
bubblyicedtea
Rep:
thank youu

(Original post by rovaldobarbadis)
the pancreas and the intestines are where most significant amount of digestive juices are produced. In case of any problems in the pancreatic enzymes, food will pass mostly undigested into the small intestines where there is a higher likely hood of food passing undigested into the colon. problems that may arise here are potential malnutrition on the high note and occasional bloating because bacteria in the colon will digest the food to produce gases such as hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide so basically, on the milder note, farting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
28.57%
Take a gap year (14)
25%
Resit my exams (9)
16.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (7)
12.5%
I don't know yet (7)
12.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads