A level Art, Craft and Design

Watch this thread
kwak_
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was originally going to take A level Fine Art but after looking around I noticed Art, Craft and design.
I was wondering if this is seen as a good subject by Uni's or do they look at it as something less desirable, such as film studies.
Is the work load similar to A level Fine Art or is it less/more?
Does the A level vary drastically from college to college?

IF POSSIBLE PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER THREADS,IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME!
SneezyPanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Hi

I've never heard of this A-Level but my college offered Fine Art, Design and Textiles (kinda like crafts) as 3 separate A-Levels. I'm guessing that A-Level Art, Craft and Design would be kinda like a joint subject so it's probably not as desired by universities compared to each subject on its own.

Because of the different subjects, I'd guess that A-Level Art, Crafts and Design would have a much higher workload than just Art on its own. My people in my art class took but A-Level Art and Design and they were swarmed with work. Fine Art by itself is probably one of the most stressful subjects in terms of workload, deadlines and the pressure to always be developing your skill set so keep this in mind when choosing what to take. Nonetheless, Fine Art was my favourite subject at A-Level and it's a lot of fun (I'm not trying to put you off the subject, I promise!!!)

If you are really concerned about which subject will help the most in getting into university I'd deffo take A-Level Fine Art because it also has an essay component (the other one probably does as well but eh?). You can always tailor your Fine Art A-Level experience to reflect craft and design. In my topic, I ended up experimenting with sewing and fabrics and photoshop and all that so you can do whatever you want in Fine Art as long as it's creative and links to your theme.

I hope this helped and I'm sorry that it's late. xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.07%
The paper was reasonable (137)
37.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.43%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed