The Student Room Group

Occupational Health Screening (Nursing)

so i completed my occupational health form, but am I going to be excluded immediately if I haven't had all of the required vaccines? obviously i'd plan on getting the rest of the vaccines i need so I can take up placements during the course, but if I don't have them by the screening submission deadline (which is tmrw ouch) would I immediately be terminated? scared
Hey, I'm a student nurse that started September last year
Most of us were missing at least two vaccinations if not more (Mainly Hep A, Hep B, MMR and BCG) when we handed in our Occupational Health Screening forms
For the people that were missing vaccinations, the university arranged appointments for them to go into the local NHS occupational health department and be given the missing vaccinations free of charge and fitted it around our timetables so we didn't miss any lectures.
So don't worry, it won't stop you from getting on the course or going on placement. Hopefully that info helps and eases your mind and anxiety about it :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
It's a shame its not clear in your guidance to submitting your OH form. Are you sure this is not present?

For my OH screening, we were advised that the form should be submitted by asap and definitely by X date and should be submitted by then even if we had not managed to secure our Vaccination Record from our GP. This could be forwarded at a later date.

It means that they can start identifying who may need OH appointments to perform fitness to practice checks on the physical/mental health conditions that applicants have flagged up.

The guidance I received did not demand that we have all vaccinations in place by the time we submitted our OH forms either which is months ahead of the course starting and even more months ahead of our clinical placements that won't start until 2022. They just want our vaccination records to see what we have.

I expect very few Nursing applicants will have had a Hepatitis B vaccination ahead of their studies, unless they are already working in a clinical setting like Health Care Support worker. This is not a standard vaccination.
Reply 3
I haven't done mine yet since I am still waiting for my work reference to be done 😳 but just been offered a job as Bank staff HCA in my local hospital. I can imagine it is the same process, been cleared by the nurse at occupational health and going in next week to have any missing injections - I just had to send them my vaccination history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending