Liz-corke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jenny123450)
Hi Liz, thank you for all your help, so as I understand if I was not to take chemistry it shouldn't prevent me from studying dietetics it will just narrow the range of universities, it's great to get some outside advice I've been loosing sleep trying to decide!
Yeah that’s the gist of it :-) do you have any preferred Unis in mind? I know you’ve not even started A Levels yet but for example, if you want to aim for more competitive Unis, or Unis with a big Biology department, Unis with updated technology, Unis close to home/ in a specific environment like a more homely town or village vs a big city, I’d suggest going on the BDA site and reading up on their requirements when it comes to A Levels. Here’s the link if you can’t find it (make sure to only click on Unis that have BSc in the title btw):

https://www.bda.uk.com/about-dieteti...dietetics.html

Working out your priorities and what’s expected of you ahead of time is ideal because then it won’t be a shock if you have your heart set on somewhere and then they end up rejecting you because of your A Level choices. Consider what grades you expect are reasonable for you to achieve, what sort of environment you’d want to live/work in, etc.

I chose Bangor uni for my biology degree because not only do I have family nearby and it has a big biology department, but it’s a pretty area and keeps people active. As I’m someone who lived in a semi-rural environment it was important for my mental health that I lived somewhere with lots of greenery and clean air. Try to keep these sorts of things in mind when choosing your top 3-5 Unis as well as your A level choices xx
Last edited by Liz-corke; 2 months ago
Liz-corke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone - I have tried to apply for the 2021/2022 £5000 training grant on the nhsbsa website, but when it tells me to select the year and month I am applying for, there are no options. Is this because it isn't available yet since the Tees course doesn't start until January? Has anyone else had this problem?
mooremy04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Liz-corke)
Hi everyone - I have tried to apply for the 2021/2022 £5000 training grant on the nhsbsa website, but when it tells me to select the year and month I am applying for, there are no options. Is this because it isn't available yet since the Tees course doesn't start until January? Has anyone else had this problem?
Hey Liz,

You're indeed right there; it's not open to apply for yet so there will be no option for January start dates yet.

I contacted them on Twitter and they said they would write on there once January starters are able to apply. So, it might be worth giving them a follow (NHSBSA_LSF).

Hope this helps!
Matt
JammieJoness
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Hello everyone,

The NHS LSF will be open for our applications from 1st November, confirmed today on their Twitter feed (thanks Matt).

Let the applications begin!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (190)
55.88%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (47)
13.82%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (38)
11.18%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.12%
I haven't started researching yet (19)
5.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.41%

Watched Threads