The Student Room Group

Are you receiving your results this year?

Hey! :wavey:

Are your receiving your results this summer? How are you feeling about everything? We hope you're doing alright and managing to hold the nerves at bay a bit :hugs:

Here at TSR we want to be there for you on Results Day in the way you want to be supported. Normally, we run a campaign each year to support everyone who is receiving their grades, and this year we want to do the same. We need your help with the messaging, and what you want to hear!

Last year, we went for #NoWrongPath, to show that there is no wrong way for your to go regardless of your grades or what happens on results day (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6634710)

Previously, we've gone for #BeResultsProud, to support everyone in feeling proud of the results they have achieved, regardless of what people are telling you that you should or shouldn't feel proud of.

Other messages that could be helpful are around your journey, your path, understanding the impact of the past year and how that has affected your grades and how you feel about them.

What words or messaging do you like or think would help you on the day?

Do you like #NoWrongPath or #BeResultsProud, or is there another type of message you think would work?

Let us know!

Scroll to see replies

Just tagging in everyone from the Y13 chat thread - I hope you don't mind, we'd love your input! Please ignore this if it's not relevant to you :hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I’m receiving my results this year. So scared as I have no idea what to expect
Reply 3
Yes receiving my results this year.
quite nervous as I feel like some people had an advantage over others. I feel less in control of my results than if we had actually taken exams partly because of this.

but im trying to not think about results day as its still far away.
Original post by Ten-Ten
I’m receiving my results this year. So scared as I have no idea what to expect

I'm so sorry you're feeling scared - but it's completely natural and normal to feel this way. We're here to support you as much as we can. If you have any questions about the process just ask - you've got this :hugs:
Reply 5
Original post by StrawberryDreams
I'm so sorry you're feeling scared - but it's completely natural and normal to feel this way. We're here to support you as much as we can. If you have any questions about the process just ask - you've got this :hugs:

Thank you. I just wish I knew something like the marks or the percentages of the evidence that they put forward
Original post by Ten-Ten
Thank you. I just wish I knew something like the marks or the percentages of the evidence that they put forward

Same- I hate not knowing and the fact that there is over 2 months to wait between doing the assessments and results day
Reply 7
Original post by SB1234567890
Same- I hate not knowing and the fact that there is over 2 months to wait between doing the assessments and results day

Literally. I’m over here expecting the worst and the best outcome. Making me anxious
Original post by Ten-Ten
Literally. I’m over here expecting the worst and the best outcome. Making me anxious

Yeah same, I keep thinking of the best outcome then dismissing it and telling myself that I'll get the worst outcome instead
Reply 9
Yeah same, I keep thinking of the best outcome then dismissing it and telling myself that I'll get the worst outcome instead

I’ve even got the clearing app on my phone, and it hasn’t opened yet😂😂
Original post by Ten-Ten
I’ve even got the clearing app on my phone, and it hasn’t opened yet😂😂

Yeah I've scheduled 5th July in my calendar for finding clearing courses
I’m receiving my results this year :smile: I like the BeResultsProud message especially this year because there are so many factors out of our control when it comes to the grades we’ll receive :yes:
Yeah I've scheduled 5th July in my calendar for finding clearing courses

I hope we both get to go the the uni’s that we want
Reply 13
Scottish students already received their results, it was so unexpected when the email popped up😬😵*💫
Original post by Ten-Ten
I hope we both get to go the the uni’s that we want

Same and I hope everyone else here ends up where they're meant to be
Original post by 0814mc
Scottish students already received their results, it was so unexpected when the email popped up😬😵*💫

Are you happy with your results?
Ahah yeh I’m getting mine in august ☠️ good luck to everyone, I hope we get going where we want to 😊
Yes, getting my results this summer (it's about 40 days away now, right?).
Obviously I'm nervous but feeling better now I have a uni place (only got it on Mon) with a low conditional offer (96 UCAS pounts) as a feel like some of the pressure has been taken off!

I like the #BeResultsProud and also #NoWrongPath but I'll have a think for any others :smile:
Reply 18
Are you happy with your results?

Yea thankfully I got the grades I wanted. Instead of predicted grades like last year, this year all of our grades were evidence based. We basically had our exams 😂
Original post by 0814mc
Yea thankfully I got the grades I wanted. Instead of predicted grades like last year, this year all of our grades were evidence based. We basically had our exams 😂

Same. I sat more exams this year than I would’ve had to for my externally assessed A-Levels normally, but people will like to tell us that exams were cancelled 😂

Quick Reply

Latest