The Student Room Group

If I fail year 12 - am I able to get good grades in year 13?

I didn’t do as well as I hoped in my exams for year 12 and I have 3 options- to drop out, repeat year 12 or move on to year 13. If I move on to year 13 would I still have a chance of getting Bs
Can you give a rough indication of the grades you got? Did you try your best, or did you struggle with motivation? There's a lot of unknowns, you might be better off asking your college for advice since they know you more.
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
Can you give a rough indication of the grades you got? Did you try your best, or did you struggle with motivation? There's a lot of unknowns, you might be better off asking your college for advice since they know you more.

I didn’t exactly get my full grades back yet but I feel I’m balancing on the grades U-Ds
Original post by Jesijeso
I didn’t exactly get my full grades back yet but I feel I’m balancing on the grades U-Ds

What subjects do you take, that is an important factor.

Well if it’s a U your college might not even let you do year 13 without retaking so probably wait before you start worrying about what your going to do.

A D to a B in a year is more than doable with hard work especially if this year you were lacking motivation.

Be prepared to put a lot of work in over the summer. If you got towards the lower end of those grades, you might find that Cs or a mix of Bs and Cs would be a more realistic goal. Not much you can say without your grades though.
Reply 6
Original post by EternalKnight_02
What subjects do you take, that is an important factor.

chemistry, biology and physics
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx
Be prepared to put a lot of work in over the summer. If you got towards the lower end of those grades, you might find that Cs or a mix of Bs and Cs would be a more realistic goal. Not much you can say without your grades though.

i got a U in chemistry and a D in bio. i’m not sure what i got in physics but i believe it’s also a U
chemistry, biology and physics

My advice is to just keep working and also manage your expectations, eg choosing less competitive universities/ courses and looking at foundation years as well.

Quick Reply

Latest