The Student Room Group

5 years of university

I’m starting to think i wasted my time coming to uni, starting off with a foundation year for Physiotherapy. Passed that and passed my 1st year. I actually enjoy the course it’s what I want to do as a career.

However, this year has been hard and I barely had motivation to revise properly. Failed some referrals so my only option is to repeat.

I’m not to sure if I want to, but I don’t want to work in retail my whole life too. My twin graduated two years ago and I’ll be graduating at 25. I really shouldn’t be comparing us but I don’t want to be the failure of the family.

Just wanted some advice really.

Thanks.
(edited 2 years ago)
try to keep pushing through. ask your tutors for support and just keep going.
don’t worry about when you graduate.
some people graduate way older than 25.
my mum got her degree when she was in her 40s.

if physio is what you really want to do then that should motivate you.
if not, it’s never too late to change your mind.
loads of people change careers at various points in their lives and it’s no problem at all.
Original post by DenzDVI
I’m starting to think i wasted my time coming to uni, starting off with a foundation year for Physiotherapy. Passed that and passed my 1st year. I actually enjoy the course it’s what I want to do as a career.

However, this year has been hard and I barely had motivation to revise properly. Failed some referrals so my only option is to repeat.

I’m not to sure if I want to, but I don’t want to work in retail my whole life too. My twin graduated two years ago and I’ll be graduating at 25. I really shouldn’t be comparing us but I don’t want to be the failure of the family.

Just wanted some advice really.

Thanks.

Hey there :smile:

This year has been a tough year with the whole pandemic going on. I personally found my first year quite hard due to everything being pushed online and not be able to make as many friends. I can understand sometimes repeating can demotovate and stress you out but if you are passionate about this course you can do this. You will always have your tutors support so keep emailing them whenever need you need help and you will be able to push through. Additionally do not put a lot of pressure on yourself if you feel like you need a break then take a break and go to local cafe and have some coffee with your mates.
Do not get disheartened at age you are graduating I know many people who are in the 30s and 40s who are either graduating or even starting their first year in university. Every individual have their own journey during university which is unique to them.
I wish you all the best in your journey to become a physiotherapist.

Best wishes
Laiba Khan :smile:
Human & Health Sciences
Reply 3
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending