The Student Room Group

I think I failed in one of my triple science exams will I get moved down to Combined

Help! I’m really stressed out. I think I failed in my biology exam triple higher I think I did good on my other exams will I get moved down to combined
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, in my experience, if you only messed up one of the GCSE exams for triple in year 10, they won't move you down to combined - timetabling issues, and it's perfectly reasonable to not have a full grasp of the content yet. Just remember that next time, you need to focus on biology because you feel it is your weakest subject. Chin up! Good luck on your future exams and don't stress too hard. <3
I failed chemistry and biology I don’t know abt physics I rlly do not want to be moved down bruhh and it’s the fact I thought I did rlly good in biology but I failed pls 😔 will I get moved down??
Reply 3
Original post by emaaniiii
I failed chemistry and biology I don’t know abt physics I rlly do not want to be moved down bruhh and it’s the fact I thought I did rlly good in biology but I failed pls 😔 will I get moved down??

It entirely depends on your school's policy, some will have a black and white "we move people for XYZ reason with no opportunity to argue", while others will be willing to let you stick at it a bit longer with extra support. If your school brings up the possibility of moving down, be prepared to explain exactly what you're going to do differently to ensure you can catch up and then keep up (and either way, now is probably a good time to work out what went wrong and work with the specifications to see how you're going to improve :smile:).
Reply 4
Thank you for all the responses I’m not sure whether I will move down but seeing the replies has stopped me from stressing so much . What I need to do now is take this as a learning point. And I need to make sure that I’m not overworking myself . I think my main problem was that I was not getting enough sleep. Especially because biology was my first mock I did I stayed up till 2 in the morning and went to school at 8 I had no where enough sleep.
Reply 5
If anyone has any experience with combined science if I do end up doing it how do the exams work . Because in triple we have 2 exams per science . But for combined is it 2 papers with mixed sciences . I really appreciate all the help and support
Thank you
Original post by Ali_1215
If anyone has any experience with combined science if I do end up doing it how do the exams work . Because in triple we have 2 exams per science . But for combined is it 2 papers with mixed sciences . I really appreciate all the help and support
Thank you

It depends on your specification. Edexcel is two papers per science (so two for biology, two for chem, two for phys to make 6 overall). OCR Gateway is the same. OCR 21st Century has one paper on each science and one paper covering all three, making a total of 4 papers. AQA has Synergy which is 4 papers that mix the three sciences and Trilogy which is an identical format to Edexcel.

In any case, your marks are then summed over all your papers, and you are given your grade based on that overall mark. The grade will be reported as, for example 55, which will mean two GCSEs at grade 5. (the grades of both GCSEs will either be the same or consecutive, so you can get 66 (two 6s) or 65 (a 6 and a 5) but not a 6 and a 4)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Hello just an update yes I’m still doing triple science turns out I did pretty good. I ended up getting an 8 in chemistry a 7 in physics and 7 in biology.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest