The Student Room Group

Never been in a relationship

I am in my mid 20s and I've never kissed, never had s*x or been in a relationship before. I know i'm weird

I feel like I f***ed up my life and that I will be alone forever. I always wanted to experience what it would feel like but I was never allowed to have a boyfriend in my teens and even in my early 20s.

I didn't think being in a relationship was that important. Now some of my friends are in relationships, it just makes me feel like a complete loser because i am single.

I did have a crush on a few guys at school and college, they were really cool and I wasn't confident...more bubbly girls had the experience to be with them.

Instead I always focused on my career and my studies in school, college and uni. I've been trying so hard throughout my life in forming friendships with people and making friends. To gain confidence

I don't even have friends now...they always want money from me and they always use me. I learned a lot of things about myself when i'm basked in loneliness

I always tried ways of how I can be a better confident person and I like giving money to charity, especially the homeless. I am very grateful for a lot of things. I always put myself in uncomfortable situations where I would shy away from...like going to uni.

Do you have any advice? Be Kind, thank you
Don't worry about not having relationships. It doesn't matter if your friends are in relationships, you don't have to get into one until you're ready.
My sister is in her 30s and only just got a boyfriend lol. She was the same and only focused on her career.

You're not really missing out on much, relationships when you're young tend to be toxic af. It's better when you're older and people are more emotionally intelligent and mature.

I actually had one really bad abusive relationship and ended up dropping out of uni and took years to recover from it mentally because it was so traumatic. And I've been single ever since even though it was six years ago. You've basically avoided those types of traumatic events so far so you're doing fine.
(edited 2 years ago)
The time will come where u will be in a relationship. It will happen in its own time so don’t feel so bad about it. Also, maybe join some clubs / activities that u like and you may find people like you to be friends with. Hopefully good things come to you soon. x
Reply 4
Original post by Chicken.M.
My sister is in her 30s and only just got a boyfriend lol. She was the same and only focused on her career.

You're not really missing out on much, relationships when you're young tend to be toxic af. It's better when you're older and people are more emotionally intelligent and mature.

I actually had one really bad abusive relationship and ended up dropping out of uni and took years to recover from it mentally because it was so traumatic. And I've been single ever since even though it was six years ago. You've basically avoided those types of traumatic events so far so you're doing fine.

Thank you and i'm sorry to hear what you were going through x
That’s also true when we are young and in a Ed we aren’t mature enough and it does become toxic
Focus on making friends, and a relationship will come naturally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending