The Student Room Group

Alevels

I have Sciences Alevels and my exams are in oct nov.I just started studying.....not revising like I just started to learn concepts.....do you think I can score A*s by oct nov?Please help desperately needed.
I believe it is doable as I self studied my AS and A2 Level for 4 subjects within 6 months’ time. Timing is tight but if you find the method of studying that suits you and with sufficient self discipline, I believe you can score A*!!

Apart from textbooks from exam board, I suggest looking for A Level notes online which can give your an idea of what HAS TO BE MEMORISED, I found it more useful and efficient than merely staring at the sea of words in textbooks.
Reply 2
Original post by Madformedic
I believe it is doable as I self studied my AS and A2 Level for 4 subjects within 6 months’ time. Timing is tight but if you find the method of studying that suits you and with sufficient self discipline, I believe you can score A*!!

Apart from textbooks from exam board, I suggest looking for A Level notes online which can give your an idea of what HAS TO BE MEMORISED, I found it more useful and efficient than merely staring at the sea of words in textbooks.

Did you got A*s in the end?
Reply 3

Also you studied from scratch?Like knew nothing before?
Original post by imagelet

I wouldnt get your hopes up.its not realistic to learn 4 a levels from scratch (both AS and A2) and get A* in the exam

Yes because I didn’t study gcse and the content of A Levels is different from what is taught in my country. Over the past few months there have been people...many people around me telling me studying A levels is a waste of time given that I already received qualification from our local curriculum...but I didn’t have a choice, my parents wanted me to do it so I can have a wider variety of choices in university application. My advice for u is that believe in yourself, there’s gonna be obstacles whichever path you take, but if you don’t try, you’ll never know or maybe your hard work over the coming few months will openup more choices for you in terms of university courses, which can be really life changing!!
What are the science a levels you’re taking if you don’t mind me asking...Maybe I can try suggesting you where to start/how to prep!!
Did you got A*s in the end?

I have received A in AS level for all the subjects, I’m still waiting for the results for my A2 level which will be out in August, but the tutors at the exam centre predicted 4A*!
Reply 8
Original post by madformedic
yes because i didn’t study gcse and the content of a levels is different from what is taught in my country. Over the past few months there have been people...many people around me telling me studying a levels is a waste of time given that i already received qualification from our local curriculum...but i didn’t have a choice, my parents wanted me to do it so i can have a wider variety of choices in university application. My advice for u is that believe in yourself, there’s gonna be obstacles whichever path you take, but if you don’t try, you’ll never know or maybe your hard work over the coming few months will openup more choices for you in terms of university courses, which can be really life changing!!

thanku sooo muchh this means alot
Reply 9
What are the science a levels you’re taking if you don’t mind me asking...Maybe I can try suggesting you where to start/how to prep!!

I have physics bio and chem.Have done bio once completely but the main problem lies with chem and physics because for these subjects even my concepts are not cleared.And it would mean alot if you would tell me how to start and where to find resources.
I have physics bio and chem.Have done bio once completely but the main problem lies with chem and physics because for these subjects even my concepts are not cleared.And it would mean alot if you would tell me how to start and where to find resources.

Gimme some time so I can summarise everything and send you links to materials I used and how you should utilise them:smile: I’ll drop u a dm later!
Reply 11
Gimme some time so I can summarise everything and send you links to materials I used and how you should utilise them:smile: I’ll drop u a dm later!

THANK U!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest