Jab/Soledad
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Any tips on studying Chemistry AS. I know it's hard. So help!
Last edited by Jab/Soledad; 2 months ago
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don’t fall behind, if you don’t get something get help so you understand it ASAP (ideally before the next lesson).

Do exam questions and make flashcards as you go along to consolidate what you do in class.

Don’t leave revision to that last minute, exam questions are a life-saver when it comes to revision (it’s all you really need to do if you consolidate as you go along).

As well as exam questions use seneca for revision, it’s perfect for the day before the exam or day to day revision when your travelling, waiting between lessons etc.

If you’re at the end of AS now and your results aren’t what you’d like I’d recommend RAG rating the topics, if your not sure what you’d rank each topic do some exam questions and make red 2+ grades below target, amber 1 grade below target and green on target or above. Focus your revision on R/A topics over the summer. Go over them, make flashcards (or whatever works for you) and then re test yourself using AS papers.

https://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/1...-as-level.html - they have topic tests for all the topics - I found them really good revision
tejimthrowniy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Try to write down all the reaction names, reactants, products, catalysts, conditions and mechanisms (especially for organic chemistry) in flash card form and try to revise them frequently. I used to revise them every other day, every day before exams. They are very confusing and also very important when you get into A2, so try to get on top of them quickly.
Jab/Soledad
Rep:
?
Thank you so much
Jab/Soledad
Rep:
?
(Original post by tejimthrowniy)
Try to write down all the reaction names, reactants, products, catalysts, conditions and mechanisms (especially for organic chemistry) in flash card form and try to revise them frequently. I used to revise them every other day, every day before exams. They are very confusing and also very important when you get into A2, so try to get on top of them quickly.
thank you
Jab/Soledad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
Don’t fall behind, if you don’t get something get help so you understand it ASAP (ideally before the next lesson).

Do exam questions and make flashcards as you go along to consolidate what you do in class.

Don’t leave revision to that last minute, exam questions are a life-saver when it comes to revision (it’s all you really need to do if you consolidate as you go along).

As well as exam questions use seneca for revision, it’s perfect for the day before the exam or day to day revision when your travelling, waiting between lessons etc.

If you’re at the end of AS now and your results aren’t what you’d like I’d recommend RAG rating the topics, if your not sure what you’d rank each topic do some exam questions and make red 2+ grades below target, amber 1 grade below target and green on target or above. Focus your revision on R/A topics over the summer. Go over them, make flashcards (or whatever works for you) and then re test yourself using AS papers.

https://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/1...-as-level.html - they have topic tests for all the topics - I found them really good revision
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.82%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
23.53%

Watched Threads