The Student Room Group

When do Law firms tend to publish Apprenticeship vacancies?

Hello all,

I'm about to become a final year Computer Science student, I'm going into Law afterwards, and to this extent have been looking at several options that will be available to me from Sept. 2022. The most appealing of which is the Graduate Solicitor's Apprenticeship offered by ULaw. The link is at the bottom.

A couple questions I have are:
- Bearing in mind I am not of an affluent background, I will be relying on the Postgraduate Loan for living expenses, as well as any scholarships or bursaries I can get. Would you say this is the best option for me, or is there something better?
- Also, and most importantly, when do Law firms tend to publish Apprenticeship vacancies? ULaw clearly state that I have to get the offer from the employer myself and then enrol on to their apprenticeship scheme from there. So when do they post vacancies, as thus far, I haven't seen any.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Alex :smile:
Original post by Alex_DLowe
Hello all,

I'm about to become a final year Computer Science student, I'm going into Law afterwards, and to this extent have been looking at several options that will be available to me from Sept. 2022. The most appealing of which is the Graduate Solicitor's Apprenticeship offered by ULaw. The link is at the bottom.

A couple questions I have are:
- Bearing in mind I am not of an affluent background, I will be relying on the Postgraduate Loan for living expenses, as well as any scholarships or bursaries I can get. Would you say this is the best option for me, or is there something better?
- Also, and most importantly, when do Law firms tend to publish Apprenticeship vacancies? ULaw clearly state that I have to get the offer from the employer myself and then enrol on to their apprenticeship scheme from there. So when do they post vacancies, as thus far, I haven't seen any.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Alex :smile:

For the bigger apprenticeship schemes, they tend to open applications a year before intake, so September. It's actually quite similar time scales to uni applications.

Relying on loans isn't ideal but it is really your only option if you are unable to secure an apprenticeship or scholarship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending