tips for moving into yr 10

Watch this thread
18ahussain
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hi
im in y9 rn
do you have any advice for me for stuff i should do in the summer holidays that wouls make gcse s easier

plz dont say its too early to be worried
i know
im jst a person who likes to revise and be prepared

gcse wise
i have done an inspector calls butt we didnt look at themes tho missed it out idk why

im doing my rs gcse next year did a mock this week just in case i cant do the gcse in y10

did topic one of biology chemistry and physics so thats cells , atomic structore and the periodic table and energy
i have made folders that i put some of my notes in and practical notes aswell

im aweful at french what can i do over the summer to improve i have already decided i am gonna use duo lingo

im bad at maths
but im not gonna bother revising
dont rlly hv a reason
maybe try convince me to revise maths

any good maths websites apart frrom hegarty cos i hate it

any online sites that will with my essay writing skills

tbh i just wanna improve my skills over summer

plz dont tell me to stop worrying im just that person

any other tips will help thanks plz relpy asap im up till 11 so yh
lattae :p
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 18ahussain)
hi
im in y9 rn
do you have any advice for me for stuff i should do in the summer holidays that wouls make gcse s easier

plz dont say its too early to be worried
i know
im jst a person who likes to revise and be prepared

gcse wise
i have done an inspector calls butt we didnt look at themes tho missed it out idk why

im doing my rs gcse next year did a mock this week just in case i cant do the gcse in y10

did topic one of biology chemistry and physics so thats cells , atomic structore and the periodic table and energy
i have made folders that i put some of my notes in and practical notes aswell

im aweful at french what can i do over the summer to improve i have already decided i am gonna use duo lingo

im bad at maths
but im not gonna bother revising
dont rlly hv a reason
maybe try convince me to revise maths

any good maths websites apart frrom hegarty cos i hate it

any online sites that will with my essay writing skills

tbh i just wanna improve my skills over summer

plz dont tell me to stop worrying im just that person

any other tips will help thanks plz relpy asap im up till 11 so yh
Hey I'm in Year 10 and after all our prelims and my personal experience here's some advice.

Revise the GCSE content for all the subjects you've taken throughout the year and don't leave anything last minute because you'll only remember a little bit of what you have revised. If you revise current content and topics throughout the year, then you'll have much better recall and you'll be more confident in exams.

For websites here are a few, some of them need payment but can be quite cheap.

- SaveMyExams : It has revision notes, video step by step tutorials, past exam papers and questions for Maths and all Sciences. It costs £5 a month.

- BBC Bitesize : it is actually quite helpful if you look at the right things and the mini tests are sometimes good too.

- Quizlet : These are like online flash cards and are actually quite useful. It is free, all you have to do is sign up and you can have access to different subjects and topics summarised for you to understand easily.

- Cognito : On YouTube this is a channel that is pretty decent at explaining maths and science with images and white board notes if you are more of a visual learner

- Go to the AQA website or Edexel website : You can find loads of GCSE pat papers and the most recent ones are 2018's GCSE papers so it would be good practice if you have a go at those past papers and revise from their mark schemes.

You do need to revise for Maths because it is actually quite important unless you want a job that doesn't need Maths in the future. BUT that still doesn't mean you don't try. You should still revise for maths and do your best in it and all the other subjects you have chosen.

Always keep on going over things you don't understand until you get it so make sure you go to teachers if you are really struggling. If you don't really want to go to teachers then ask your classmates who understand the thing you are struggling with.

Make notes in the format that helps you understand in every lesson so if making your notes look colourful helps you, then do that!

If you need anymore advice, let me know but I hope this helps and I'm sure if you put in the effort over the summer you will surely do well in Year 10 and 11.(❁´◡`❁)
08robins01
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
GCSE year moving is easy as you have no exams. If you are a sweat then you will egt far in life
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Khan academy got me through GCSEs all the way to final year of university in mechanical engineering. The math resources are well structured and easy to follow.

My advice, be disciplined and structured. Set realistic goals and time to manage your development. Make sure it works for you and that you have a good study-home life balance.

Don’t let final grades govern your overall achievements or allow them to weigh you down. Celebrate both short and long term success.
Last edited by Chris2892; 11 months ago
18ahussain
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
thanks guys
ella_smart
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi, Year 9 here, going into Y10 in September as well. I am also taking French, (I am currently a Level B1/Intermediate speaker in the CEFR system.) I have grown up learning French, but here are some websites/links that I hope will help you for GCSE:

BBC Bitesize (It has different topics and mini-tests. You can choose what exam board you're doing and then choose what you want to learn): https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z9dqxnb

FrenchPod101 YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/frenchpod101

Learn French With Alexa YouTube Channel (She does exclusive GCSE videos - they are really helpful!): https://www.youtube.com/user/learnfrenchwithalexa

WordPie YouTube Channel (They are catchy songs that teach you vocabulary!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...aX77pBuRZWzKiA

Just try to immerse yourself in the language as much as you can. Use Google Podcasts and try to work on your listening, Start a language Diary and aim to write in French at least once a week/once every two weeks, Borrow GCSE French Books and try to learn/go through what you will be covering over the next two years - anything! Try and make it fun so you won't lose motivation!

I wish you the best of luck, and I know that if you work hard, you will do amazing.

Bonne chance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (26)
27.37%
As I expected (29)
30.53%
Harder (34)
35.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.32%

Watched Threads