The Student Room Group

A-level Biology

is Biology 'essay based subject'?
It depends on your exam board. If you are taking OCR A, then the highest amount of marks for a single question is likely to be 6 but it could vary rarely be 9. The exams are mostly composed of many short answer questions. However, I believe AQA exams have a 25 mark essay. It is worth finding out which exam board you would be doing and researching from there. Overall I'd say most exam boards do not include an essay component, but I would check specifically to be sure!
Original post by Paigebains123
It depends on your exam board. If you are taking OCR A, then the highest amount of marks for a single question is likely to be 6 but it could vary rarely be 9. The exams are mostly composed of many short answer questions. However, I believe AQA exams have a 25 mark essay. It is worth finding out which exam board you would be doing and researching from there. Overall I'd say most exam boards do not include an essay component, but I would check specifically to be sure!

i take edexcel. i think we only get max 6 mark questions... so i guess its not. thank you for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest