The Student Room Group

Idk what to do

Ummm i applied to chemical engineering and I'm still lowkey lost on what i wanna do in the future. someone help me I LOVE MATHS, i regret not doing physics at A Level ( i did biology and i hated it) and i did chemistry which i loved too. I know it's too late to change anything but does anyone have any advice or is this somewhat relatable? Also give ur opinion on chemical engineering too , that will help me see some insight, :smile:)))
Don't worry about what you want to do in the future. It's pretty common for people to do degrees but not necessarily want to work in that field.

Chemical Engineering is generally a great degree and you can definitely get employed into a variety of jobs in and out of the engineering sector although, you have 3 - 4 years to decide on what kind of job you want seeing as you haven't even started your degree yet so probably don't worry about it too much.

Since you "LOVE" Maths and Chemistry I think you will probably like the course a lot since it is a really maths heavy course.

As for you not taking physics generally, people say there's not a whole lot of physics or the only physics you use in first year is from mechanics modules in A level maths. I posted a similar post about not taking physics A level if you can find it which you might find helpful.
Original post by What The Cluck
Don't worry about what you want to do in the future. It's pretty common for people to do degrees but not necessarily want to work in that field.

Chemical Engineering is generally a great degree and you can definitely get employed into a variety of jobs in and out of the engineering sector although, you have 3 - 4 years to decide on what kind of job you want seeing as you haven't even started your degree yet so probably don't worry about it too much.

Since you "LOVE" Maths and Chemistry I think you will probably like the course a lot since it is a really maths heavy course.

As for you not taking physics generally, people say there's not a whole lot of physics or the only physics you use in first year is from mechanics modules in A level maths. I posted a similar post about not taking physics A level if you can find it which you might find helpful.

Thank you for your reply! I forgot I posted this lol. Just had my first day and I think I will be fine with the course but time will tell I guess. I still feel that anxiety of if I made the right decision or not but it's not as bad as when I wrote this post. In terms of what job I want in the future, I am still very lost on that but I applied to do an Industrial Year so I am hoping that will provide some insight.

Quick Reply

Latest