Crush cancelled on me last minute

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
There’s this girl at my work who I’ve been messaging pretty frequently. We set up a date at a cocktail bar but when it came to the day she cancelled. Her reasoning was that she was tired from work. I do believe her by my concern is that I don’t think being tired isn’t really a reason to cancel.

I understand that sometimes we are to tired to function but usually if I’m excited for something then I would still go regardless of how tired I was. This leads me to believe that she wasn’t all that excited in meeting up.

If she isn’t interested in me then I don’t understand why she can’t just tell me. It’s not like she can ignore me cause we literally work at the same place and take the same bus to work. I’m really confused on her intentions.
username5655466
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Nah maybe she had a *****y day at work, or wasn't in the mood? It can happen, have you rearranged another date?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Justaboutalive)
Nah maybe she had a *****y day at work, or wasn't in the mood? It can happen, have you rearranged another date?
Not yet
username5655466
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not yet
just give her a bit of time, and maybe schedule smth else when you are both free
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m pretty sure that’s a valid reason. Instead of whinging, just understand where she’s coming from. You are thinking about it too much; some people can take tiredness, others can’t. As Justaboutalive says, book another date. If it continues or what not, the whole “tired”, maybe try booking a date when she doesn’t have work. This way, there would be no room for that excuse, at least hypothetically speaking. There’s no evidence to suggest, currently, that she doesn’t like you. If she continues then maybe start to take the hint.

Hope this helped.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 2 months ago
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There’s this girl at my work who I’ve been messaging pretty frequently. We set up a date at a cocktail bar but when it came to the day she cancelled. Her reasoning was that she was tired from work. I do believe her by my concern is that I don’t think being tired isn’t really a reason to cancel.

I understand that sometimes we are to tired to function but usually if I’m excited for something then I would still go regardless of how tired I was. This leads me to believe that she wasn’t all that excited in meeting up.

If she isn’t interested in me then I don’t understand why she can’t just tell me. It’s not like she can ignore me cause we literally work at the same place and take the same bus to work. I’m really confused on her intentions.
'Her reasoning was that she was tired from work.' - this is her BS excuse and indicates low interest. If a girl isn't enthusiastic to see you, if she cancels last minute, she ain't interested.

'If she isn’t interested in me then I don’t understand why she can’t just tell me' - Because they don't want to hurt your feelings, hope you'll understand that she isn't interested, and because she's worried about your reaction.

Ask her out once more next week. If she cancels again, move on.
Last edited by Occitanie; 2 months ago
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think it indicates that she isn’t really interested, especially since she didn’t even suggest another date.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Occitanie)
'Her reasoning was that she was tired from work.' - this is her BS excuse and indicates low interest. If a girl isn't enthusiastic to see you, if she cancels last minute, she ain't interested.

'If she isn’t interested in me then I don’t understand why she can’t just tell me' - Because they don't want to hurt your feelings, hope you'll understand that she isn't interested, and because she's worried about your reaction.

Ask her out once more next week. If she cancels again, move on.
Why do people do this? Cancelling last minute is going to peoples feelings a lot more then just saying you’re not interested. I understand some guys don’t take no for an answer but if she really thought I was one of those guys then why would she even agree to go out with me in the first place?
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
I think it indicates that she isn’t really interested, especially since she didn’t even suggest another date.
facts
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Cancelling last minute is the most annoying thing ever. I don't think she's interested in you that much
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why do people do this? Cancelling last minute is going to peoples feelings a lot more then just saying you’re not interested. I understand some guys don’t take no for an answer but if she really thought I was one of those guys then why would she even agree to go out with me in the first place?
Try not to overthink.

Fact is she cancelled the date because she isn't interested. You can try next week, but if she cancels, it's time to move on.
rommroma557
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m pretty sure that’s a valid reason
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rommroma557)
I’m pretty sure that’s a valid reason
It's an excuse to not go on the date.

Even if I had driven for 10 hours, only slept for 2 hours, and had a date with someone I like, I would make the effort.

'I'm tired' is 'I'm not interested' 101
Last edited by Occitanie; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads