Saain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
What are your thoughts on open access publishing?
WazzWazz98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Like in general ? Or do you intend on publishing some research of your own ?
Saain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Like in general ? Or do you intend on publishing some research of your own ?
Eh, I just want to know some comments on open access publishing. Do you think is it a promising field for paper publishing?
HazelHU
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let's take an example from a friend of mine. My friend once submitted to the Journal of JQIS (Journal of Quantum Information Science), and the response was quick, but at that time my friend's article needed to be revised, so I received quite detailed comments on the review. At the time, my friend was still procrastinating because of other issues, and the editor kept sending him emails asking how he was doing. After that, he revised and uploaded the manuscript and went through the first review again, expert review, employment, payment, copyright, and sent the proofread manuscript twice, which took quite a long time indeed. He answered the email quite quickly, but my friend delayed, but he still successfully published it in the end.
nolehu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not bad. My school accepts open-access journals. Once I published a paper in the Open Journal of Nursing. Enjoyed a good experiencing. Fast publication, professional review, and considerable service.
Last edited by nolehu; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads