The Student Room Group

how do i get a job at aldi or tesco?

I need a job but only for 2 months and I just finished GCSE. I'm applying for Aldi and Tesco and I have no clue about anything.

Can someone who worked there please tell me how it was the application and the job?
Original post by i'mconcuzled
I need a job but only for 2 months and I just finished GCSE. I'm applying for Aldi and Tesco and I have no clue about anything.

Can someone who worked there please tell me how it was the application and the job?

You need to be 18 to apply to aldi & Tesco
You can get a job in tesco at 16 but will be restricted on what you can do till 18.
OP is incorrect on age for starting in tesco although most jobs like working in Bakery, alcohol, tobacco departments & warehouse are all 18 years old or over.

Aldi & lidi is 18 I think.

Below is what tesco policy states on age
How old do you need to be to join Tesco? We will recruit colleagues from the age of 16 who have passed the school-leaver age for your region, subject to restrictions for specific roles. There is no upper age limit. ... For office roles please contact your recruiter or the hiring manager who arranged your interview.

As a t/leader & stand in supervisor I would suggest to look are (www.tesco-careers.com ) for jobs and apply via there on website, you'll need to make a online profile first, then search and apply for jobs, if you get through this part you'll get asked to do a online assessment and if successful with it you should get offered a interview ok.
I worked with tesco since I was just over 16 years old fulltime & part-time recently.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending